• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Animal Crossing facts that are no longer true because of the update

Alolan_Apples

Mollycord’s Exile
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
These facts are still true about the original ACNL version, but they aren't true in the Welcome amiibo update. This new update was a very good idea. I like some of the new features that weren't in this game before. Even without the update, I had a lot of fun trying to build the town of StarFall while journalizing everything I do. But after this new update, the game is a lot better. I like to keep StarFall the way it is, but there are some changes being applied to my town as I try this post-update game.

As for the facts, I would like to point out six things that were once true that are no longer true.

1. Wisp only appears in the GameCube Version and City Folk - with this ghost or genie added, Wild World is now the only Animal Crossing game to not have Wisp. In other news, Wild World is the only Animal Crossing game in the main series to not have a holiday. It looks like this change singled out Wild World once more. We are glad to see this weed-pulling ghost return as an icon for amiibos, one of Nintendo's most implemented modern feature.
  2. 7,595,800 is your total house debt in New Leaf - for each house, this was true before the update occurred. It's not anymore. Since the secret storage space was introduced, Tom Nook added a 158,000 Bell debt to add this feature. The new debt is 7,753,800 Bells. It's still less than 8 million Bells, but it's not the same.
  3. The lawn mower and sprinkler are unorderable for unknown reasons - thank goodness for that. I believe they were set to "unorderable" due to a bug, but after the update, you can order these two items now.
  4. Happy Home Designer has items that ACNL doesn't - another fact that has been invalidated by the update. Harvey sells the "HHD exclusive items" for MEOW coupons. Even the HHN items appear on your catalog, and they are cost-effective. Not even one costs 15,000 Bells, and they can take up to 9 spaces in your house.
  5. The GameCube Version is the only AC game to have games within games - let's ignore the Island Tours for a bit. One of the strengths the GC version has that the other games don't is the NES games. I liked having mini-games within a game. Thanks to this update, New Leaf is the second AC game to have these kind of games. And it's the first AC game to have mini-games that the member berries from South Park won't remind you about (aka ACNL has modern games within a game).
  6. Lottie is exclusive to the Animal Crossing spin-offs - although this is still true since we never heard about her in 2014 and earlier, she is finally in New Leaf. In fact, two new characters were added in ACNL. One is Lottie, who was the primary helper character in Happy Home Designer, and the other is Harvey, who lives in the Campground.

There are more to point out, but that's enough for today. I hope you enjoy this update.

But I thoight that Lottie disappears after she teaches you the furniture arranging technique? I haven't seen her since then.

Back