• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Animal Crossing: Genesis

Bones15

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Mailbox
Here's a little story I wrote a while ago on another forum. However that forum is long gone and I want to post the story here and hope that you guys/gals like it.

Prologue
These written passages are in a narrative form, they are a recollection of my dark past. Opening a first person perspective into the tragedy that bestowed upon our world...

Chapter 1: Departure

I woke up from a deep slumber, dreading at what this day meant. Today, at the age of fifteen I have to leave my home in the order of my parents. Why? That is a question I had been asking myself since last year, when they had first told me about this. I had thought of it as nothing but a sick and cruel joke at first. Sadly I then recalled that this is a tradition in our town. I did the usual hygiene stuff, and then ate some breakfast. All I was allowed to take were two measly shirts and 500 bells; for the train ticket. My parents drove me into the train station, then another sick joke of hugs and kisses ensued. I entered the lobby, located my station, and waited idly by for my train; I saw other people as well. I was greeted by someone named Ricky, he informed me that he and his brother had moved out years ago and have already done really well. He was here on visit. We heard a train and saw it was for me; we parted ways. I was greeted by a man in uniform and he asked me for my ticket; I searched my pockets.

"Oh no...I never bought one!" I was in awe at my stupidity. I felt a tapping on my shoulder. It was my new friend Ricky he said, "Here take it, it's on me. I'm rich." I laughed and thanked him, doing the polite thing and giving him my measly little 500 bells. We once again parted ways, and I handed the man my ticket; he let me enter the train.

Over the speaker a booming voice said, "Next stop, Los Angeles!!!"

Very short chapter. But don't worry, I will update a lot. Also I want your honest opinion. Should I post chapters like this, or should I just continue to update the first post??

Chapter 2: Sleepy at Sunset

It will take two days to arrive to Los Angeles. On the train I saw what seemed like a very poor woman; she was selling a while fruit or vegetable of some kind. I had no money...oh well. I took a seat and I took a nap.

Bones15 said:
Very short chapter. But don't worry, I will update a lot. Also I want your honest opinion. Should I post chapters like this, or should I just continue to update the first post??

Chapter 2: Sleepy at Sunset

It will take two days to arrive to Los Angeles. On the train I saw what seemed like a very poor woman; she was selling a while fruit or vegetable of some kind. I had no money...oh well. I took a seat and I took a nap.
It's better if you make new threads, that way this one doesn't become shriveled up.

You mean creating a new topic for every chapter? No I don't like that. It seems way to unorganized for me. I would go insane.

Back