• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf at No. 3 in Japanese Software Charts 7 MONTHS after Release

Sam

Resident Coldplayer
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Yup, the madness continues. It's passed the 3.8 million mark according to Nintendo's numbers and that was as of March 31st. So it's probably well past the 4 million milestone at this point.

That's so amazing! :) I hope things pick up like Japan in the other countries. Does anyone happen to know how well it's been selling in South Korea, by chance?

I can't wait to see what the sales will look like US/EU! I never would've guessed AC:NL would've done so well as it's doing.

The weekly global software chart can be found here. As I'm posting this, AC:NL is number 9, worldwide. :D

Number 9... worldwide?!
Man, NL is doing beautifully. I would be surprised at this point if NoA and NoE haven't realized that Animal Crossing is a pretty big deal.

I'm not surprised. When I go out on the train here in Tokyo and see someone with a 3DS, probably around 80% of the time they're playing NL.

Yes, when I forget to bring a game handheld, I tend to watch people sitting or standing next to me playing whatever video game. :blush:

Back