Animal Crossing New Leaf: The Super Awesome Tips Guide!

Did this guide teach you something new?

• Yes I learned a lot of new stuff!

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • A little bit

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Not really but it would be really helpful for new players!

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Nope nothing new

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

Jrrj15

NEW HORIZONS
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Welcome to the ACNL:SATG. This guide will have a bunch of miscellaneous tips I find in New Leaf as well as tips you guys find out about too! If you want your tip in this guide you can leave a reply with your tip and if its a good one I will add it. Right now it probably wont have a whole bunch cause I don't know a TON about the game yet but as time goes on i'm sure we will be able to update this guide with TONS OF INFORMATION!!!

Animal_Crossing_New_Leaf_logo.png

TIPS:
  • Perfect fruit can be sold in a town with a different native fruit for 3000 bells each! (Example: Friend has native oranges sell your perfect Peaches there instead of in your town)
  • Sell all your items to the Recycle shop instead of Nooklings. Most of the time their price is worst.
  • Selling sea shells to the recycle shop can be a quick way to make a quick buck and they respawn often.
  • The Wealthy town ordinance increase the price you will get for selling items by 20% (The downside is all prices including buying prices go up as well so think about this before you do it.)
  • Selling here on TBT is also a good way to make money people will pay a lot more then villagers in game will.
  • Once per day a random rock in your town will be chosen as the money rock this rock can be hit with your shovel multiple times to spew out bells. If you put holes behind you to prevent you from being pushed backwards you can get up to 9000 bells.
  • If you chop down all trees on the grass part of your island it will cause bugs to only spawn on the palm trees on the sand part of the island. Spending some time catching these bugs can rack up a profit of 300k bells! ~ suggested by chistraub
  • Shaking trees has a chance of dropping furniture items
  • If you're rich you should buy everything in the shops everyday even if you don't want it. That way you can try and get a filled catalog and then you can have access to any items you want when you want.
  • Don't forget to buy your daily fortune cookie. It has a chance of giving you a rare Nintendo themed item and even if you don't get a lucky fortune you will still get a random item prize.
  • After you've spent a lot of money in the Nookling Junction it can be upgrade to a convenience store after about 10 days of playing the game.
  • Nintendo is doing DLC items in New Leaf for example at the time of this being written, you can go to the post office and ask about your present which will be a Rainbow furniture item. This changes every couple of months.
  • Dig up everything you see!
  • On your island if you're doing a tour items from the tour area can be taken back to your village so this is a very easy way to get some nice flowers and new types of fruits for your village!
  • New buildings and shops can be unlocked inside your town and main street by meeting certain requirements. For a list of these requirements check this out.
  • The Island is always summer time so summer fish and bugs can always be caught there!

If I have missed any good tips feel free to post them and I will add them!

Last edited:
Thanks! I don't have much in the post right now cause I didn't want to be working on it for hours but Ill try to keep updating it with stuff.

I have a tip for money making. If you chop down the center trees on your island it won't allow bugs or beetles to spawnon anything but the palms. At night that means that the high price bits will constantly be spawning on these trees. If you don't see anymore of them just head into the hut and the cycle will start again. I have done this and I make over 300000 bells every time I go to the island and file up my basket. The only downside is that you won't grow that fruit on your island anymore but you can always take tours to get whatever it was. I have racked up a big account doing this.

The money rock breaks and drops a gem for me ;-;

By the way, can you add an insect/fish guide? Was helpful for me btw!

I have a tip for money making. If you chop down the center trees on your island it won't allow bugs or beetles to spawnon anything but the palms. At night that means that the high price bits will constantly be spawning on these trees. If you don't see anymore of them just head into the hut and the cycle will start again. I have done this and I make over 300000 bells every time I go to the island and file up my basket. The only downside is that you won't grow that fruit on your island anymore but you can always take tours to get whatever it was. I have racked up a big account doing this.

I added this! Thanks for the tip.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The money rock breaks and drops a gem for me ;-;

By the way, can you add an insect/fish guide? Was helpful for me btw!

I probably wont add an insect or fish guide but I may add a link or tips on catching the rarest/most profitable fish and bugs.

Also there a rocks that spawn in your town every day that have gems inside. These are a different kind of rock then a money rock.

Back