• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Animal Crossing Perfect Guide Book

Torotix

Resident archen
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Bronze Trophy (Third Place)
Easter Bunny
Classic Easter Egg
Sorry if there has been another thread for this, but I was just wondering, for those that got the Japanese guide book, whether they know Japanese or not, do you think it's worth buying it even if you don't understand it all? Are the pictures and universal graphics understandable and enough information to justify buying the guide?

I'm really considering buying but but I don't want to end up having it and not being able to get much out of it at all.

I know lots of english players have bought a Japanese guide book, but tbh there's no rush atm.

I'd wait until the Prima one comes out and see if it's any good first (it probably wont but I mean who knows) - then when you've seen the prima one make your decision on whether or not you're going to buy one

IMO I see no point in buying the guide book if you don't speak Japanese. If you get the Nintendo Dream one though you can probably make heads or tails based on the pictures.

Yeah this is why I'm asking in the first place. From the scanned photos from that book that I've seen, the quality and how much is included is great. This has just really peaked my curiosity though, it's an enormous guide book, I'd like to know how much of those pages are filled with pictures and how much of the book is just completely text heavy.

The price of it is kind of interesting as well. $22? The s****y small prima guide books that are sold around here are $30 at the cheapest :/

I bought two guides myself and I love them! I can't read Japanese, but some things in the book can be universally understood and will probably not be included in the Prima guide.
You don't need them, but I'm glad I have them :3

I bought the Perfect Guide off of Amazon for $30, which is a steep price but I'm happy with the book. It's a good book for an AC fan who's seriously stoked for New Leaf. It's really thick and it's mostly pictures rather than text, which is great because I have a toddler's grasp on Japanese. In the Perfect Guide there are a few QR codes too: some clothing patterns, one of which is a dress that looks like Isabelle/Shizue's outfit, and some Nintendo related ones that could be placed on the ground or on furniture or wherever. They're pretty neat, I plan on scanning the clothes into my game later at the very least.

I've never liked the Prima guides so I won't be picking one up unless it actually gets positive reviews. I figure I'd just supplement my Japanese guide with trustworthy info online once the game is out.

Back