• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Animal Crossing turned into a real animal crossing.....

Yellowfin

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
So it's launch night. I've decided I'm going to get the physical copy. I've already called the Walmarts. They have them in stock, ready to sell at midnight. Awesome. Let's go, I'm excited.

I convince a couple friends (who call me names for playing "little kid games") to go along with me for the ride. We leave at about 11:00PM. We go to the closest Walmart. I ask the lady if they have the game, and she has no idea what I'm talking about. Absolutely none. She calls a manager. No one comes for about 15 minutes. I finally find a guy who seems important - and he is not helping. "Listen, I could be searching in the back for 3 hours and not find that game, I've heard nothing about it, nothing I can do," he says.

You lazy sack of crap... "So there's nothing you can do to help me?" Nope, he says.

On to the next Walmart.

My friends are less than happy that we now have to go to another Walmart. We're walking to my truck, I unlock it, get in...

Where are my friends? Oh, there they are.

They're in the middle of a parking lot at 11:30 PM, talking to complete strangers. With a kitten. The people say they can't keep it, it's a stray, and they don't want to give it to a shelter. And the kitten is now in my friend's arms. And he has decided that he wants to get this kitten (he has 2 other cats).

Is this real life?

So now we're driving to another Walmart 11:45 at night and we now have Lola the orange kitten. My friend decides to bring the kitten into the store. We got stopped a hundred times by passerbys with a million "awwww!"s. Okay, she is pretty cute.

021f2391-fd83-4e5a-a002-2540d4c0179f.jpg

I find the electronic section, that person has no clue what I'm talking about. So I find a manager, a super nice lady, I ask her to help me and she does. She's in the back for about 15 minutes and finally comes out with a copy, and says there were only 2 copies in the back left!!! Meanwhile Lola is meowing away and my friends are cracking up. The manager lady is going on and on about how cute the kitten is.

Is this even allowed?!

What a night. I'm so excited about this game. I just set up my town. I have peaches, a great layout, a neighbor named Sheldon (Big Bang!!) and I can't wait until tomorrow to play! :cool:

that's hilarious! there are always people giving away kittens/puppies outside of the walmart by my house. i wish i could take them all! glad you got your game finally, i will be enjoying mine in 10 hours once gamestop opens and I can get home to play it :)
fun fact: i have a truck too and actually got a new system for it at Best Buy today ^^ (better be nice, it cost me $1,000...)

This is a really cute story ! Some people get figurines and you guys got a kitty :'D
I hope you and your friend will enjoy Animal Crossing

What an adventure and an animal got to cross your/your friend's threshold.... how befitting!

That's pretty epic. I'm sure your friend is glad you dragged him along now ;)

awww that kitty is tooo cute! i'm glad you got your game and your friend gave a super cute kitty a new home.

Hahah that's so cute! I'm surprised the manager was okay with the kitten in the store, but I'm happy you got your game, and your friend helped that adorable kitten out :)

Back