• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Animalia Chronicles Day 470: Birthday preparations

Born2BWild

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Happy Home Designer Token
Easter Egg
Yellow Candy
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Cake
Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
Again, I find myself one day behind...

I played a bit Thursday night, and a few notable things happened: Walker had something he wanted me to deliver to Mira, and I agreed to. She opened it up, and was glad to get the shirt back that she let Walker borrow. As thanks, she gave me a red-bar shirt. Astrid sold me a picnic table, and I caught an oarfish that I sold for a good chunk of Bells. Now I'm halfway wishing I'd saved it for the Fishing Tourney that's going on today, but I was happier selling it outright.

View attachment 234889

Yesterday, I began my day as usual, checking my mail. I noticed I had a random letter in my inventory for some reason, and upon checking it, found a letter I'd saved from Punchy telling me his birthday was on Saturday! I headed up to Main Street right away to check the shops, and with a little help from the birthday guide, found a mini cactus that Punchy should probably like. I wrapped it up and kept it safe until tomorrow. On the same trip, I found a yellow cap in the Able Sisters for my catalog. I really want to see if I can make a yellow outfit out of it, too! That done, I headed back to town to water my flowers and dig my fossils. Apollo wanted to know if I'd be heading out of town, and wanted to collect signatures for his "Wigless Wednesdays" petition. I guess being a bald eagle, he'd obviously want to wear a wig, huh? XD But sadly, because I wasn't planning on visiting any towns today, I had to turn down his request. I never like turning down requests, but he seemed OK with my explanation. Astrid pinged me by Re-Tail, and gave me a five-ball tee for "putting up with her". Is she trying to get on my good side? Savannah told me she wanted some new furniture, but recalling my trip to the store, I couldn't remember anything there that would look all that nice in her decor. I visited with Rosie, who was in her house, and she told me that Punchy has been asking her for fashion advice. Probably so he looks all snappy for his birthday tomorrow. :) She asked me to catch her a river fish, which I happily agreed to.

View attachment 234890

I caught her a crucian carp without any trouble, and she thanked me by giving me a folk guitar. The bulletin board reminded me that the Fishing Tourney was tomorrow, and I was slightly sad that Punchy might miss it since he'd be inside celebrating his birthday. Eugene was home, so I paid him a visit. He asked me to catch him a butterfly, and I happily agreed. I found a common butterfly right outside his house, and took it back to him, where he rewarded me with a kung-fu shirt. I never knew he was into that kind of stuff! Maybe he needs to let Astrid know that... Passing by the train station, I headed inside to see if I could find a matching yellow shirt to go with my new yellow cap. I found this yellow aloha tee in my storage, and it looks OK, I guess. I will keep my eyes peeled for a better yellow shirt. What do you guys think?

View attachment 234888

I saw Mira was home, so I dropped in on her, only to find her still asleep. I woke her up, and she was apparently dreaming of fighting off an evildoer. That makes sense, her being a superhero and all! She wanted to see Walker within an hour, so I was glad to help her out. Once I found Walker and brought him to her place, she wanted to know if the rumors were true that a specialty ballpoint pen store was opening up in town. If she wanted to know this, I could have told her, since I'm, you know, the mayor and everything! Any shops that open around here need to be approved by ME, darn it! But Mira seemed happy, and Walker didn't mind at all, so everything turned out fine. However, I forgot that my pockets were full when I brought Walker over, so Mira just told me she'd mail me my reward. Back at Re-Tail, I chatted with Lolly, who told me that the day's weather reminded her of one of her favorite books, "Spring's Splendor". That's definitely an appropriate title, since that was the last day that the cherry blossoms would be blowing in the wind. Apollo pinged me, and he'd heard Rosie calling me "dumpling", and asked if he could call me that too. Um...no. We're friends, Apollo, but we aren't that kind of friends. Just call me Steven...

Over on my flower-breeding beach, I saw that my blue roses had bred! I made sure to put my newly bred one in my "rose rainbow", and hopefully I can fill the whole thing up before long. Later on, I bought a backyard lawn off Walker so he could have some Bells to spend, and I had a conversation with Astrid by the playground, where she talked about rumors.

View attachment 234891

Could all this stuff about her and Eugene's breakup have all been just a rumor? Hmm...

And that was my day yesterday! Up next, I'll be chronicling today's Fishing Tourney, and of course, Punchy's birthday! :D

Attachments

• 3DS Pics 012.JPG
    3DS Pics 012.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 3DS Pics 028.JPG
    3DS Pics 028.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 3DS Pics 040.JPG
    3DS Pics 040.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 3DS Pics 067.JPG
    3DS Pics 067.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 14
Happy (late) birthday to Punchy! :)

And I like the hat. One-Ball Tee came instantly to mind, if you like that kind of thing. Racer 6 Tee would work too, but I don't like it as much. It'd also go good with your Tiger Jacket I think, although that isn't yellow.

So many of the yellow shirts are paler than the cap, so they wouldn't work. I agree with Beth - the one-ball or nine-ball both would work. And the rugby tee has blue stripes, which might pick up the stripe in the hat. The only other I could think might be the yellow-bar tee. I'm sure you'll find something, because that hat does look good.

Back