• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Animalia Chronicles Day 471: Happy birthday Punchy!

Born2BWild

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Happy Home Designer Token
Easter Egg
Yellow Candy
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Cake
Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
And back again for another slice of Animalia daily life!

I didn't turn my game on today until after noon, when the Fishing Tourney was already in full force. I headed up to the plaza, where Chip informed me that any type of fish was acceptable for today's tournament, so I was free to fish anywhere I pleased. Hilariously, Astrid was in first place with a 3-inch bitterling, so that made things a lot easier. Nonetheless, I had things to do before I could participate in the tourney. Checking my mail, I found that Mira had sent me a sleek clock from the errand she asked me to run yesterday. I went around and watered all my flowers, finding a few wilted ones from yesterday even though I thought I got them all. I dug up all the fossils I could find, and chatted with a few of my villagers out fishing. I also dropped in on Mira, who was in her house, and scored a free small magazine rack upon checking her closet.

I caught exactly one fish in the Tourney: a 7-inch loach that I was sure would take the lead. However, as I took it to Chip, I found that someone had beaten Astrid's 3-inch bitterling, and the loach only netted me second place. I was about to go catch a sea bass or something until I discovered who was in 1st place: Eugene, with an 8-inch crucian carp. Since the guy needs all the love he can get, I decided to settle for #2 this time around. I just hoped that nobody beat Eugene's carp! XD

View attachment 234892

After this, it was time to move on to today's true purpose, Fishing Tourney or no Fishing Tourney. I headed over to Punchy's place, finding Lolly there celebrating with him. They looked so cute just dancing around together, so I joined in.

View attachment 234893

Punchy was expecting a present, and I was too happy to give him the mini cactus I'd gotten for him. He said he didn't expect it, which I'm hoping means he likes it... I stuck around for a few more minutes, talking to Lolly as well before heading off. Punchy let me know that he did like my gift, so that was a welcome weight off my shoulders!

View attachment 234894

After this, I turned the game off for a while before coming back later this evening, just barely making it back before 9:00 to participate in the ceremony. Amazingly, Eugene's crucian carp held onto first place! I came in second, and Astrid got third. But even more important to me than placing in the Tourney was that Astrid and Eugene had to stand side-by-side on the pedestal! This is one small step closer to getting them back together.

View attachment 234895

After the ceremony, I spoke to a few of my villagers. Al pinged me, but he just wanted to give me a tape deck. Thanks, but I prefer CDs, you big dope. Rosie gave me a bunny shirt as well...guess she thinks of me as being cute and cuddly? Astrid was home, and she congratulated me on placing higher than her in the Tourney. She also said she's going to try harder next time--maybe to impress a certain sunglasses-wearing koala?

And that ended my day in Animalia. I'll be back next time!

Attachments

• 3DS Pics 005.JPG
    3DS Pics 005.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 33
  • 3DS Pics 018.JPG
    3DS Pics 018.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 27
  • 3DS Pics 020.JPG
    3DS Pics 020.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 3DS Pics 028.JPG
    3DS Pics 028.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 20
Happy Belated Birthday to Punchy! He and Lolly certainly look as though they were having fun. Hope you snagged a piece of cake on your way out. :)

Eugene looks so happy up on the podium. And Astrid seems happy for him, as well. I hope they can work their troubles out.

Back