• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Animalia Chronicles Day 484: Weeding Day

Born2BWild

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Happy Home Designer Token
Easter Egg
Yellow Candy
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Cake
Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
Hello again!

Today, of course, was Weeding Day, and I was excited to finally be able to pull all the weeds in my town. First, though, I had a few chores to take care of.

I went around town watering my flowers and digging up fossils and gyroids (since it rained the other day). On the way, I talked to all my villagers I saw, starting with Lolly, who was watering the yellow cosmos next to her house. She gave me some solid advice about Weeding Day.

View attachment 235023

If anything, I've been neglecting all that weed-plucking up till now, Lolly...

But yes, all my villagers were pretty much the same as Lolly: they talked about Weeding Day, and not much else. At Re-Tail, turnip prices had dropped to only 64 Bells. Looks like I'll be checking the Turnip Prices thread later on... Anyhow, after watering my flowers and such, I finally headed to the plaza to meet up with Leif. He told me that Animalia had been neglecting its weed-pulling duties lately. Only for today, Leif...only for today. I was very excited to get out there and pick all the weeds that plagued my town...until I heard him tell me how many weeds were there.

View attachment 235024

After all that planning and disabling of my Beautiful Town Ordinance, only 33 weeds?! What a rip-off!!! I thought there'd at least be about 50! :mad:

Still, I couldn't cry over spilled milk. I headed off and pulled all the weeds in my town in like...10 minutes, and headed back to Leif. As thanks for pulling up all the weeds in town, he gave me what he called the "Town Cleanup Prize".

View attachment 235021

It was new to my catalog, though, and for that I was thankful.

Going around town, it turned out that not all of my villagers were so obsessed with Weeding Day. Walker said he bought an extra socket wrench, but now everyone thinks he has a world-famous socket wrench collection. I dropped in on Savannah in her home, and she said she sometimes lends Astrid books from her collection. Maybe she's reading up on musical knowledge, so she can impress Eugene... And Punchy, who was also in his house, says his bookshelf only contains one actual book: "Business Strategies for Dolts", which Apollo lent to him. I swear I've heard one of my villagers mention that book title before...hmm.

And one last little tidbit you may or may not know about Weeding Day: since Leif is in the plaza, the gardening section of T&T is closed today, which I thought was a nice little attention to detail.

View attachment 235022

Sorry for today's entry being so short, but since literally nothing happened today except Weeding Day, it was a bit on the boring side. Luckily, tomorrow should be much more exciting, and hopefully I can FINALLY get my Beautiful Town ordinance back up and running again. See you next time!

Attachments

• 3DS Pics 036.JPG
    3DS Pics 036.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 3DS Pics 049.JPG
    3DS Pics 049.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 3DS Pics 002.JPG
    3DS Pics 002.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 163
  • 3DS Pics 013.JPG
    3DS Pics 013.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 19
Haha, I took the same screenshot at Leif's today. xD

Also, I didn't know he'd give you an actual count of the weeds. o: Darn, I would have liked to know that. Oh well, I'm glad I wasn't the only one whose Weeding Day was ultimately anticlimactic, haha.

Sounds as though it is very difficult to get everything you need on Weeding Day. I'm sorry you didn't have better success.

Hmm, wasn't it Lolly who mentioned that title? I know she's a bookworm.

The gardening corner was the kind of a bummer, but it makes things seem more realistic, instead of Leif doing some sort of popping in and out of places. Just have to buy him out today.

I hope you're feeling better, too.

Back