• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Animalia Chronicles Day 485: Ordinance up!

Born2BWild

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Happy Home Designer Token
Easter Egg
Yellow Candy
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Cake
Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
It's a beautiful day in Animalia, a beautiful day for my neighbors. Won't you be mine? :p

It was a cloudy day in town today, and I held out hope that it might rain later. But first, I headed back inside to put the cosmos fan in my house, in my outdoor room, next to my hammock. I think it goes well there.

View attachment 235028

With fingers crossed, I headed back outside, straight to the instrument shelter...kind of a long walk, but it was worth it if I knew I could be saved the chore of watering today. Sure enough, whatever was housed in that tiny structure said it would rain soon, and I could forego watering today! Woot!

I set off around town, digging up any fossils I saw and picking any stray flowers. Eugene pinged me by the west bridge, asking if he could call me "dumpling". NO. FREAKING. WAY. Oddly, Walker, Astrid and Lolly were nowhere to be seen, but Punchy was in his house, so I paid him a visit. I saw that he had put the tiger butterfly I caught him a while back out...in place of his mini cactus. The ungrateful little jerk. :/ Today was my last chance to sell turnips, and I was very hopeful as I checked Re-Tail. 135 Bells...hallelujah! I sold all that I had for a slight profit.

Back outside, I saw Savannah, and she wanted to play hide-and-seek. I agreed, and she rounded up Al and Lolly to play with us too. I had 15 minutes to find all three, and set off around town. While searching, I found that my money rock today was an ore rock, and got several emeralds, rubies, and an amethyst from it! It took me a while, but I found Lolly first behind one of the orange trees near her house. I checked the beach, finding both Gulliver passed out there, as well as a lost bag! I made a note to come back to check them both, and continued searching, finding Al hiding behind a coconut tree. With about 7 minutes to spare, I found Savannah hiding behind Rosie's house, winning me the game! As a reward, Savannah gave me a sleek lamp.

View attachment 235029

No ping from Al afterwards (and I wasn't about to talk to him), but I did speak to Lolly, who warned me about the dangers of rumors. While searching the town, I also noticed we had a camper today, and I headed into the tent to find Pietro, the clown sheep! I've never had him as a camper before, and I know he's pretty popular. Still, Eugene is my preferred smug villager, and I had no interest inviting Bozo the Sheep into my town, even if I did have a free spot.

View attachment 235030

Making my way back down to the beach, I picked up the lost item, and also spoke to Gulliver. He told me he was headed to a country with lots of sand, pyramids, mummies, and the Nile River. Gee, I wonder what country that could be... After a lot of thought (not!), I knew he was headed to Egypt, and I look forward to getting a nice present from him tomorrow.

View attachment 235031

Back up on the mainland, I began to ask around to see who had lost the bag. I literally had to go through every one of my villagers before finding out that it belonged to Mira (it was a long way from her house!), and she thanked me for returning it with a flower pop carpet. Upon talking to Mira again, she spoke about the connection between motion sickness and ear size. She has giant ears, so I wonder if she gets sick a lot?

After all this, it was time to do something that I've been looking forward to doing after Weeding Day ended. I headed to the town hall, where I sat down in my mayor chair, and discussed with Isabelle about re-signing the Beautiful Town ordinance into effect. 20,000 Bells later, it was done, and my town should be all beautiful and pristine tomorrow. And most importantly, I'LL ONLY HAVE TO WATER FLOWERS WHEN I WANT HYBRIDS!!! :D

View attachment 235026

Back outside, I talked to a few more villagers before I headed up to Main Street. Apollo was around Al's house, and told me Al said there were a bunch of pitfalls planted around it. Hmm...there's an idea. :p Eugene wanted me to get him an orange, and I agreed, hurrying over to the nearest orange tree and shaking him one down. He seemed to love it, and gave me an alpine chair as thanks. Up on Main Street, Leif was back in the gardening corner again in T&T, and I bought my usual fertilizer from him for hybrid-breeding purposes. I also found a cake dress in Gracie Grace and a straw umbrella hat in the Able Sisters' for my catalog, and after a quick stop at the museum to get Blathers to look at my fossils, it was back to town. I was about to head into Re-Tail when Walker pinged me, wanting to trade my alpine chair for his chain-gang shirt. Since he has a fair bit of alpine furniture in his house and I was curious to see if he'd put it out, I agreed.

After selling what I had, I did some more talking to my villagers before calling it quits. Lolly had a package she wanted me to take to Savannah, and I agreed. I found the town's resident zebra by the fountain, and handed her package to her. But upon doing so, it turns out that it was a gift for me--AGAIN! She said she thought I might enjoy the arctic-camo tee that was inside. I did not, but I thanked her and continued on. Rosie was home, and asked me to catch her a carp. I agreed, hoping I wouldn't have to search too long. Fortunately, I found one within a few minutes, and took it back to her. She was happy to receive it, and rewarded me with a prism tee. I exited her house, then went back inside to see if she'd put the fish out. To my relief, she had not...whew!

View attachment 235027

As long as you don't mess it up, Rosie, then yes. :)

And with that, my day came to a close. I'm looking forward to my Beautiful Town ordinance going into effect tomorrow, and also to some more impending changes on my town in the future. Make sure to vote for my police station, as Day 500 is fast approaching. With that, I'll be back tomorrow!

Attachments

• 3DS Pics 043.JPG
    3DS Pics 043.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 3DS Pics 071.JPG
    3DS Pics 071.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 3DS Pics 001.JPG
    3DS Pics 001.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 121
  • 3DS Pics 010.JPG
    3DS Pics 010.JPG