• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Animalia Chronicles Day 503: A run of bad luck

Born2BWild

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Happy Home Designer Token
Easter Egg
Yellow Candy
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Cake
Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
Time now for another daily dose of my life in ACNL!

As I exited my house today, I found two letters in my mailbox: one from Apollo, with an explorer's hat attached, and one from Redd, with the robust statue I'd ordered. But before I could take the statue to the museum, I had patrolling to do! I noticed Walker was home next door, and he wanted me to catch him a stinkbug. I agreed just because they're a pretty common bug, and also since I wanted to make my little guy happy...even if I can't figure out why he'd want a smelly old stinkbug in his house. To each their own, I guess. As I pulled out my net and went searching, I chatted with some other villagers. Astrid was outside, and informed me if I planned on cutting any trees down, to check with her first. I would never! Lolly had a gift she had gotten for Walker, and asked me to deliver it. I agreed, and took the package off her hands. I found a stinkbug nearby as well, and headed off to deliver both of Walker's gifts to him. He appreciated that I'd caught him a stinkbug, and gave me a cycling shirt as thanks. I then handed over Lolly's gift for him, which turned out to be a five-ball tee. He promptly changed into it, and he looked very nice!

View attachment 235142

I know his default shirt is the No. 67 shirt, but this shirt looks very similar to it, so I very much approve! As thanks for delivering his gift, he gave me a lychee. Back outside, I saw Punchy out, and was glad my little buddy was over his sickness. He seemed very concerned that I might catch his cold...how very thoughtful of him! As thanks for me taking care of him, he had a rococo bed for me. Savannah wanted to trade it for her star tee, but I unfortunately had to decline, as I don't want the rococo bed messing up her house. I made my way up to the police station, where Copper informed me that Saharah was in town. I saw her not long afterward, but wasn't that interested in her services, so I left her to sell her home furnishings in peace.

As I was running around today, I tripped and fell flat on my face several times, indicating that I had a bad luck day today. I headed to my house nearby to check my lovely phone; it told me that my lucky item was an animal-print top. I'm wearing a dragon jacket...does that count? Apparently, it didn't, and I had nothing in my closet that seemed to fit the criteria, so I was forced to walk today...at least until I could check the Able Sisters'.

View attachment 235143

Back outside, Apollo pinged me, asking me what kind of animal he would be. I was tempted to say eagle like always, but I chose dove for the heck of it. He seemed to enjoy being compared to a symbol of peace. I saw Mira was home, and dropped in on her. She wanted to replace her red-zap suit with something, but since it's such an integral part of her house (as well as her superhero costume!), I didn't pick up anything for her to replace it with.

After all my chatting and errand-running, I headed up to Main Street, stopping at the museum first to drop off the new statue and get my fossils analyzed. I made sure to check out how the robust statue (aka Discobolus) looked once I got it donated.

View attachment 235144

I also saw my former villager Hans in the art gallery. I never cared for Hans, but looking back, he actually wasn't that bad of a villager. At least he didn't overstay his welcome in town, like a certain other gorilla villager is quickly doing.

View attachment 235145

After checking the shops (as it turns out, the Able Sisters had an animal-print BOTTOM, but not a top), I walked back down below the tracks to sell my daily findings at Re-Tail. Eugene was out, and he wanted an orange. I was happy to get him one, and he was equally happy to receive it. As thanks, he gave me a kitchen sink. Rosie was out with her watering can, and told me she fills it with noodle soup instead of water in case she gets hungry. Whatever floats your boat, Rosie... And to end the day, Mira wanted to sell me her stripe chair. Since I figured this must be the same stripe chair that was clashing with her house so much, I was more than happy to take it off her hands.

Attachments

• 3DS Pics 011.JPG
    3DS Pics 011.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 3DS Pics 015.JPG
    3DS Pics 015.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 3DS Pics 025.JPG
    3DS Pics 025.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 3DS Pics 022.JPG
    3DS Pics 022.JPG