• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Animalia Chronicles Days 669-670: Happy birthday, Eugene...or is it?

Born2BWild

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Happy Home Designer Token
Easter Egg
Yellow Candy
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Cake
Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
Back again, with more of my life in a town full of talking animals!

Day 669

On Monday, Punchy was out and about again. He thanked me for bringing him medicine, and gave me a reel-to-reel to show his appreciation. Apollo pinged me, and gave me some kitschy tile for free. Animalia had yet another camper today: Broccolo.

View attachment 236455

He's cute, and I've never had a mouse living in town before, but I already have two permanent lazies in town, so I doubt I would have asked him to move in anyway.

As I set on my daily patrol of town, I found the locations of numerous villagers, until I could officially not account for four: Eugene, Astrid, Rosie and Walker. This meant that there was a 1 in 4 chance that Astrid was at Eugene's, celebrating his birthday with him. Keeping my fingers crossed, I stopped in Re-Tail to sell some things, where I found that Eugene had put his sleek dresser up for sale! Thinking it would be a cheap...um...thoughtful gift, I bought it, and wrapped it up to give it to him. It was finally time, and I stopped in to say happy birthday to my resident koala...but imagine my surprise when I saw this!

View attachment 236456

Well. That happened. :(

Regardless, I didn't stay angry long. Maybe Astrid just couldn't make it because of other plans, or something... I gave Eugene his gift, which he thoroughly enjoyed, saying he was was thinking of getting the exact same gift for himself! I was feeling pretty good, despite Astrid's absence, and spoke to Rosie a few times. But when I spoke to Eugene again...

View attachment 236457

Maybe I'm reading between the lines a little too much, but does Astrid mean nothing to him?

Slightly disappointed, I headed out, trying to see if I could locate Miss Snooty Kangaroo. After a little searching, I found her by the lighthouse. When I spoke to her, she said...

View attachment 236458

Not a word about Eugene. This made me genuinely worried about their relationship.

Day 670

Hoping I was reading too far into the whole Astrid-Eugene thing, I woke the following day to find that Eugene had sent me a letter thanking me for visiting him on his birthday, and inside was his pic! He certainly must have enjoyed his gift... I saw that Astrid was home, and immediately stopped in to see if she had anything to say about her Eugene. She didn't, but she did have a time capsule she wanted me to bury. I buried it near her house, not thinking much about it. Apollo wanted to sell me a toad shirt for pretty cheap, and I agreed. Time capsules seemed to be on my villagers' minds on this day, as Savannah had a time capsule she wanted me to dig back up for her. I found it behind her house, and took it back to her. She opened it to find her Mama bear, an "old favorite" of hers. Awww...so cute! As thanks for helping her, she gave me the Mama bear. I thought about sending it back to her in a letter, but...well, you'll see.

After this, I turned the game off, and came back later in the night. Eugene pinged me in the rose garden. I was surprised when he had this to say:

View attachment 236459

He wanted to move out on the 2nd of next month! Was he that distraught over Astrid not showing up for his birthday? I quickly talked him out of it, and he agreed to stay. I made sure to make a mental note to talk to Astrid to try to get some semblance of sense out of this. The relationship between these two is like a yo-yo, constantly going up and down!

That's it for Eugene's birthday! I actually have a second blog post prepared for tonight, where you'll find out what happened to that Mama bear. See you all soon!

Attachments

• 3DS Pics 157.JPG
    3DS Pics 157.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 125
  • 3DS Pics 162.JPG
    3DS Pics 162.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 3DS Pics 171.JPG
    3DS Pics 171.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 3DS Pics 178.JPG
    3DS Pics 178.JPG