• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Animals that have sold you fake art work.

LegoJackPirate

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Charlise just sold me fake artwork. I though we were friends. xD After I bought it she said "I'm not trying to rip you off." lol Has any animal sold you fake artwork.

Yep, I've been given fake artwork a couple times. I think they were actually both from Del, too.

Mira sold me fake artwork a few days ago... She's my favorite villager too T.T I thought we were friends!!
And dunno if this counts but Apollo tries to sell me artwork all the time but it always seems sketchy.

I usually avoid buying art from villagers, but I took a risk that one time.... And now I think I won't be doing it again anytime soon XD

Haha I love my villagers so I buy everytime, but I know it's fake when they say they admit they got it from Red.

So far I believe Tammy and Julian have sold me fakes, but it's okay it was an honest mistake (maybe not Tammy, she has an odd number of secret stashes ranging from rose wallpaper stashes to garbage can stashes, you never know. Probably has a fake artwork she is too cheap to pay to dispose of stash.)

At least the crankies are honest about it. They tell you it might be fake. The smugs lie to your face and say how it is their prized possessions. Maybe they just don't know, but I don't cut smugs any slack.

Frita sold me a fake, and was all smiles, Kitt sold me something real, but after I had agreed to buy it, she refused to take payment, so really it was a gift.

Guys, I think the animals are too dumb to know if the art is legit or not.

Perhaps they're seeing it in the vision of past games where real and fake art looked exactly the same and you didn't know which it was until it was donated/sold.

Yep, Chevre did not too long ago!
I THOUGHT WHAT WE HAD WAS SPECIAL!

Gruff always sold me fake art.

Muffy, so far, has always sold me real art.

Only once, which is pretty good considering how much art I've been sold. It was Chow, who flat out told me he didn't know if it was real or not, so I didn't hold it against him.

When I had Paula, I honestly can't recall ever getting a real painting.

I've had a few animals sell me fake art, but those same animals also sold me real art at another point. Rolf sold me a painting that he thought was fake, but it turned out to be real. You never know, so I always buy.

Canberra sold me a fake painting...that little...ugh. After that I hit her with a net and eventually she moved out fast :D

I have enormous luck with paintings.Most of the time they are all real.

Back