• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Anime!

I haven't watched any real anime yet. There are some that I think might be interesting but might sound boring to me.

Yea i really wanted to get in Tokyo Ghoul since everyone was freaking out about it but i just cant D:

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also Black Butler i wanted to get into. I watched the first 8 episodes but didnt pay attention much. Idk how i feel about it. I think id like it better if i watched the sub cuz i cant stand their voices!
Hmm, I can't really guarantee it since I liked Tokyo Ghoul from the beginning and I don't know if it gets "better" because it was already beast since the beginning for me? Does this make sense.. It's basically his life as a ghoul and whether he accepts himself or not. I can't recommend the anime much because it's about to end like this week and he doesn't really get the character development until then/the last episode so if you really wanna get into it, I super recommend the manga and I swear, you won't regret it. I'd say the anime gets better if only it wasn't ending so soon because all the amazing characters get introduced later in the series.

And same.. I can't get myself into Black Butler... There's something about it I feel so off about.

I haven't watched any real anime yet. There are some that I think might be interesting but might sound boring to me.
Hmm, what are on your list at the moment and what kinda stories are you into?

I've been watching Space Dandy, I don't think I'm the audience it's trying to appeal to but I'm enjoying it a lot
Also I recently caught up to Free! Eternal Summer, which I also liked more than I thought I would

Last edited:
Hmm, I can't really guarantee it since I liked Tokyo Ghoul from the beginning and I don't know if it gets "better" because it was already beast since the beginning for me? Does this make sense.. It's basically his life as a ghoul and whether he accepts himself or not. I can't recommend the anime much because it's about to end like this week and he doesn't really get the character development until then/the last episode so if you really wanna get into it, I super recommend the manga and I swear, you won't regret it. I'd say the anime gets better if only it wasn't ending so soon because all the amazing characters get introduced later in the series.

And same.. I can't get myself into Black Butler... There's something about it I feel so off about.

DO NOT RECOMMEND TOKYO GHOUL MANGA. STILL SCARRED FOR LIFE. TRUST ISSUES, ETC. 0/10

i'm still so mad like why?? i'm pretending the series ended with kaneki returning to anteiku. CCG doesn't attack it and we all live happily ever after.
Its nice to dream big sometimes.
i dont wanna believe it either :'(

I've been watching Space Dandy, I don't think I'm the audience it's trying to appeal to but I'm enjoying it a lot
Also I recently caught up to Free! Eternal Summer, which I also liked more than I thought I would
HAHAHAHA IS SPACE DANDY EVEN A REAL THING. i don't think it has its target audience but heckit.
and me too, free s1 was okay to me, didn't even appeal to me much, it was just a wednesday thing for me like ok i started it so i'll finish it whatever but s2 i'm jst? ????? what the **** i haven't cried this much from any anime this season and i've been crying since ep 5 fml

DO NOT RECOMMEND TOKYO GHOUL MANGA. STILL SCARRED FOR LIFE. TRUST ISSUES, ETC. 0/10

ME TOO ;'(
I CAME HERE TO POST THAT BUT YOU ALREADY BEAT ME SMH
LOL SHHHH feel our feels

i've been depressed for days now, ever since the TG chapter and i've been so unmotivated to do anything (but thanks to gsnk, i'm feeling a lot better) buT PLEASE THERE MUST BE SOME MORE WAY WE'RE STILL SAVING KANEKI OK. AND AMON JFC WHAT'S UP WITH THE WHOLE CHANGING THE WORLD WITHOUT THEM AND I DONT EVEN WANNA TALK ANYMORE BC IM JUST GNNA END UP CRYING FFFS

I like Death Note, Ao No Exorcist, Another, Attack on Titan, Dangan Rompa (does that count tho?), Fairy Tail, Free! Iwatobi Swim Club, Gurren Lagann, Durarura, Myself; Yourself (lame af i know im sorry), Code Geass, Fruit Basket, Sword Art Online (it was alright if im being totally honest but definitely not amazing), FMA, FMA: Brotherhood, Clannad (good 4 the tears), Soul Eater, Ouran High School Host Club (watched it when i was younger stop the judgements), Kuro****suji, K-On! (again im sorry i know im lame), LuckyStar (i know...), I started D. Gray-man, never finished, and there's one anime that I can't quite lay my finger on that I adored. (vaguely remember the plotline so it's hardly work mentioning.) Not sure if Spirited Away counts as well, but that movie scarred me for life! (Still amazing!)

^ Yo, you're pretty awesome. Your list is great and I've never met anyone who likes Myself; Yourself!! I find it rare to even find anyone that's seen it. It's also one of my favorites, tragic in a way, and man... the ending though.

Their OST (especially opening) is amazing, I still listen to it even now. And that song that they made (violin + piano) ahhhh. I thought it was gonna be a happy anime tbh..

^I enjoyed Myself;Yourself quite a bit during its time. Has it aged well? I've been meaning to rewatch the series, but haven't gotten around to it.

I'm falling behind in this season's anime because University has yet again proven to be stressful. :(

I've never been particularly big on anime, but recently I started watching a few. Samurai Champloo I plowed through from start to finish in a few weeks, and now I'm watching one called Michiko to Hatchin. I believe they both have the same director, they're very impressive.

If anyone has recommendations for me in the vein of the two I just mentioned, please PM me!

^I enjoyed Myself;Yourself quite a bit during its time. Has it aged well? I've been meaning to rewatch the series, but haven't gotten around to it.

I'm falling behind in this season's anime because University has yet again proven to be stressful. :(
I guess that's it. Well, when I do meet meet people that's seen M;Y, they have nothing much good to say about it especially because of the twins ending and the main two's pasts, which I feel deeply sad for. I've also rewatched it but I think I remember everything and every feels that I don't think I'll be doing it again, at least not planning to (pfft watch me end up watching it in the next week.. haha...) Anyway, this season's anime (well summer) has been awesome, I haven't watched so much in one season so when you settle down, you should look back and watch some ^^ Good luck and I hope things go well in Uni!

I've never been particularly big on anime, but recently I started watching a few. Samurai Champloo I plowed through from start to finish in a few weeks, and now I'm watching one called Michiko to Hatchin. I believe they both have the same director, they're very impressive.

If anyone has recommendations for me in the vein of the two I just mentioned, please PM me!
OOHHHHH Samurai Champloo is one of my favorites ^^ I haven't seen Michiko to Hatchin but I'll check it out since you put it so close to SC. And if anything comes to mind, I'll message you :D

Any work by Shinichiro Watanabe are all amazing!

I don't really watch any anime anymore, I kinda grew out of it hahaha.
However my 2 favorites that I still watch (because one is ongoing again and the other I like to rewatch) are Mushi-shi and Kemono no Souja Erin. They're both very unique and so out of the ordinary.

If you are looking for nature, fantasy, traditional japan and medieval eras, beauty, VERY charismatic characters, a very studio ghibli feel and in the case of Kemono no Souja Erin a long, very emotional and surprising journy (Mushi-shi is also a journey, but it is episodic) I really suggest those two.
They're so great.

Kemono no Souja Erin (so unpopular for some reason)
erin.jpg

SS_Kemono_no_Souja_Erin_-_50_1280x720_h264_6B48D462.mkv_snapshot_01.43_2011.07.24_14.25.341.jpg

kemononosoujaerin_07-02.jpg

Mushi-shi (new on going season, a bit more popular but still not very popular)

They have such a great adventure/journey feel to them that I love so much and can't find in most other anime.
Samurai Champloo and Spice & Wolf get close but don't quite pull it off so well.

You're the only person who has mentioned Kemono no Souja Erin in this thread.
It's so good. More people need to know of AND watch this series.

Zankyou no Terror - Episode 10

Really angry Five killed herself, but I'm glad to see Twelve attempted to save Nine.. I mean he did but if this atomic bomb is really going off... RIP.

Free! Eternal Summer - Episode 11

Really upset Haru actually wants to swim, but Rin's English got me on the floor. "Yes- it is hotter than hell!" I'M DEAD. Haru's English though xD

the last episode of tokyo ghoul was a massive failure

if this season had been, say, 25 episodes long, with this episode not being the last, this episode would've been fantastic, but...it's the season finale and we get like 15 minutes of kaneki battling his inner ghoul??? WHAT IS PACING?!

this whole time i expected the series to end after kaneki fights ayato and announces his decision to not return to anteiku. makes sense right? apparently too much sense for this series because it was doomed to end badly just as the manga did. answers? who needs them. ayato and touka were about to face off last time? we get none of it. uta/yomo/tsukiyama? none of that either.

WOW THIS WHOLE SERIES JUST MAKES ME REALLY MAD I'M VERY DISAPPOINTED.

Oh damn, I was so tempted to read it at first because the summary really hooked me but I was just waiting for it to finish since I'm not very fond of ongoing shoujos (because things like these (it having sucky endings) have disappointed me so much in the past or they get dropped by the scanlators/translators). It sucks, I was looking forward to it and have seen so many great mangacaps of it :|

Yeah, it really is a great series overall. It's just the ending that sucked.

I'm about to finish up Ouran Host Club and am seriously wishing Netflix had more/better shoujo to stream. I'm probably gonna start reading the manga since the series is so short, I'm guessing that means the manga is completely different from it. I was surprised to find out that Tamaki is my favorite character and was really disappointed to find out that my fan-theory about him being a sociopath with a neglectful mother was wrong....Actually, still trying to figure out if he's a sociopath. I'm leaning towards no, though. He likes Haruhi way too much to be a sociopath, IMO. No idea what I'm gonna watch after this. Probably Fairy Tail or Soul Eater or might rewatch Chobits.

Back