• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Another day in Hollowyn

Imbri

Resident Night Mare
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1856-7828-8669
Island
Deilf Isle
Baby Chick Easter Egg
Sweetheart Easter Egg
Strawberry Doll
Tortimer
Shadow Kitty Plush
Rosewater Potion
Blue Rosewater Potion
Rose Crystal
Lily of the Valley
Pavé Pink Feather
Still haven't re-opened Salem. I need to do that when I have lots of time off to clean up and do damage control, so it'll have to wait a little longer.

In the meantime, I've been working on Hollowyn. The ceremony for completion of the suspension bridge was this morning. Unfortunately, none of the villagers bothered to show, so it was only Isabelle and Emerald. The rain might have had something to do with it, or maybe they just don't like the look of the bridge. Too bad, because I like it better than the cobblestone for what I'm going for. The wood bridge might be nice, too, but I'm not going to be without a third bridge and hope no one will move into the spot while I'm waiting for Rizzo to decide to ask for it. He's my only Cranky, so I need to keep him around for suggestions of various Zen projects - I think those will work best in the forest landscape.

Yesterday, Nook was selling the straw thatched roof, which may be listed on guides as the orange thatch? I picked it up for all four of my houses. I want to stick with Natural themes for all the houses; probably the Cabin Exterior for all of them. I might end up changing roofs, as well as fences and mailboxes, just so they aren't all matchy-matchy. I'll probably stick with the Mansion Architecture, too. I prefer arched doors, and several look like they would fit with the cabin siding. I guess I should get the siding first and play around with it.

Able Sisters' is wrapped in blue tarps today. That can only mean one thing - Shampoodle's is coming! I can't wait to give everyone new hairstyles, hair color, and eye color! Then it won't look as though I have two sets of twins in town.

Lolly's birthday is coming up in a few weeks. That should give me a little time to find a good present for her. If worse comes to worse, I have a bucket up for sale at the Flea Market. It's listed under the favorite items, although I can't imagine it'd really be such an awesome gift. Maybe I'll luck into a cute clothing item before then.

Pekoe is gone from the campsite, so she must be back home packing. Her plot should appear tomorrow. Just to be on the safe side, I picked all of my Perfect Cherries, because I just know my luck on that. At least she'll be my 10th villager, so I'll be able start planning out the feel of the town. I've been hoarding baskets of fruit and axes and saplings from Leif, just for the occasion. Ah, I love the smell of destruction in the morning! ;)

When watering my flowers this morning, I found a purple rose growing. It had spawned from two white ones. I've moved it to my house, but may transplant it on the little beach where I have some blue violets and pink tulips already growing. Most of my flowers are fairly haphazard right now, because I'm using them to fill in muddy spots around town. I'll organize them more carefully once I cut down and replant trees.

Other than that, not much else going on in town. I paid off my loan for the basement, so I can request the first expansion on that. Once that's complete, I'll work on the branching rooms. I think I might turn the basement into a cozy reading room. Sconces, couches, chairs, lots of bookcases, and the like.

I found a cute image on Pinterest that someone did in their basement, turning it into a theater-style/photo shoot dressing room. I was thinking of doing something like that in one of the Museum rooms. It would free up closet space and make it fun to go "play dress-up".

Whoops, guess I really rambled here. Hope it didn't bore you too much. :)

MeghanNewLeaf;bt9274 said:
Cool! I'm doing a kind of natural theme with my town too. It really fits in with Animal Crossing, doesn't it? ;)

It does. It might not be the most original theme, but I'm playing to what I like, so not too worried about it. :)

I love what you have planned out for your town! I'm looking forward to hearing more about it as you continue with its progress. :)

Back