• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Anything new that you don't like?

Winona

wнιle тнe ocean вlooмѕ…
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
October Birthstone (Opal)
Tasty Cake
Well, I know that the game isn't released yet and that it would be stupid to dislike it before even testing the gameplay. (And I'm very excited and happy about lots of the innovations revealed from the trailer myself.) Nevertheless, I want to know some things that you're not completely ok with (only based on what you've seen in the trailers and on screenshots so far, of course).

Ok, so there are some things already bothering me.
First: The "speech-bubbles" changed their shape. In the first trailer, they were square-shaped, which I liked. Later, they changed it to the original bubble-shape. No big matter, but though.

Then, I don't like that as a mayor, we have the ability to change everything. Or at least it seems like that. In the last trailer, the player stood in front of a closed shop. He simply changed the opening hours and was able to enter. I always liked that though AC is a very "free" game, you had some limits and guidelines to keep in mind.

Another thing I already dislike is that you can only get houses of others by streetpassing (at least that's what I understood). Since I live in a VERY small town, I will most likely not be able to get any streetpass-houses for a very long time.

Ok, I stop all the hating, because still, this Animal Crossing seems to be by far the best one ever produced. So many new things to do, such awesome graphics! And of course, the greatest pleasure lies in the anticipation.
:)

At first I really disliked the idea of being the mayor, but now I just LOVE it! I really don't dislike anything about it.

But in the trailer with the guy changing the store hours, I don't think he changed them right then and there, they just wanted to show you they can be changed without it taking up so much of the video. So they only showed a shop that was closed during that time and one that was open.

Also in Super mario 3d land, the toad houses for streetpassing, I got stuff after playing with people online with Mario Kart, so I am fairly certain it will be the same with animal crossing, you just need to race people on Mario Kart and hope they have AC3DS

I'm sure you'll be able to change text speed and bubble shape/look like you could in previous games (we've already seen bubble color changes in trailers). I never liked the square shape either. :p I somewhat dislike the mayor aspect in the sense that there's more for me to choose from and I'll be sitting there for hours testing all the advantages and disadvantages. What you gain in some things you'll lose in others! D: But it should be fun. :)

I haven't really noticed anything that has made me go "I don't like that at all." I've noticed a lot of stones around a building near a train station, though. I've never liked the amount of stonework in front of buildings. Makes flower placement really awkward.

There really isn't anything to this game I don't like. I really like the idea of being able to get into the shops at any time (or at most any time, however that works out). I generally play in the evening and at night simply because I am a busy mom and sometimes do not have the time to get on during the day. I don't care so much about the streepass houses...if I tag someone, so be it, and I will likely often tag my youngest son who will have a game of his own.

Yeah I understand that changing the opening times works for a lot of you. It's a good opportunity to stop the time-cheating and let everyone decide on which time of the day he wants to play.

Still, the option to change the opening times should not be used every day... sometimes it's good to stand in front of a closed shop and be disappointed that you have to wait until the next day. So, maybe they should reduce the times to change those options to once a month or so.
:)

They actually explain that in the voiceover for the game...it isn't that you can walk up and change the time instantly..it has to do with that bit they show just before when you are talking to Shizu. Iwata say (according to the translation I just found on YouTube), "You can make rules which can change when the animals sleep and the shops open. The time in game is synchronized with the time in real life. If you stay up late, just keep your animals awake with you."

I thought that section should have been explained, but no one has posted the voice over translation yet. I looked it up on my iPad, so I can't give an exact link, but it was translated by the user, thejapgamer, and was uploaded on Sept 1.

Found the actual link on my computer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0EGeGT0wCQ

Last edited:
As a flower person, I never liked the "stone lawns" in the games. So much space wasted for a single tent that only covers 1/5th of the area.

I don't really like the idea of gardening, it seems too much like Harvest Moon to me. Even the flowers were sort of too much for me in the past, and I never even really made hybrids. But it looks like you can ignore it, probably much like you can ignore the solar panels. (Although I think the solar panels would be awesome in a hi-tech themed town.)

The rest of it I either love or I'm fine with. When I first heard about the mayor thing, and saw the longer bodies, I didn't like either of them. But now I think it makes sense that you'd be the mayor, and I think the longer bodies will be great for making outfits.

I honestly haven't seen much that I dislike. The only things that I could possibly complain about are so small, that it seems silly. Like, I wish that the train isn't electric? That shows how good this game is turning out to be, the fact that the only problem is a tiny aesthetic. But I bet I'll even grow to like the electric train as well!

The sloth. I've never seen a sloth with blush and lipstick on before. From what I've seen the sloth looks like its a bubbly happy character, while real-life sloths give off the feeling of "heeeey why don't...we just....like....zzzz.zzz.ah chill..here..y'know mang? Defiantly not the type of animal that would run a store in a fictional world. I think Nintendo has made a bad call with the sloth but has far exceeded my expectations with everything else so far.

@Ehingen Guy
AGREEMENT GENERAL!
I bet AC:WW killed you, too. Animal homes? No stones! Your home? STONES EVERYWHERE. >:

edit: sorry, forgot to quote your post

The sloth. I've never seen a sloth with blush and lipstick on before. From what I've seen the sloth looks like its a bubbly happy character, while real-life sloths give off the feeling of "heeeey why don't...we just....like....zzzz.zzz.ah chill..here..y'know mang? Defiantly not the type of animal that would run a store in a fictional world. I think Nintendo has made a bad call with the sloth but has far exceeded my expectations with everything else so far.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the sloth. I don't really have a problem with the sloth itself, I just have a phobia of sloths in general. I'm probably going to avoid the gardening shop as often as I can!

Why on earth you afraid of sloths?
I honestly have no idea, but my sister also seems creeped out by them. I think it's kind of like how people are afraid of spiders. Most arachnaphobes couldn't give you a specific reason, they just are fearful.

I honestly think it has to do with the arms. Things with long arms/claws creep me out. Not only that, but the way that they move so slowly, almost like a zombie. But the sloth in the game doesn't have longs arms, so I will be able to stand it.

I'm guessing the ability to get other animals will be on spotpass also. But no biggy for me, all of my friends at school with 3DS's are getting it too :L

Hey guys! What are you mean when you are talking about the sloth? Is it that video that is now not there on the information thread? Can someone attach that video here please? (Sorry I haven't been caught up with the AC news for a long time)

Hey guys! What are you mean when you are talking about the sloth? Is it that video that is now not there on the information thread? Can someone attach that video here please? (Sorry I haven't been caught up with the AC news for a long time)

Skip to 1:40 for sloth

Back