• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Are Amiibo cards still worth it?

Ditz

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
I'm debating on whether or not I should start buying Amiibo card packs. Are they still worth it? Do you still buy them? Before I got my new 3ds, I purchased a card reader. I got 3 cards with it. Goldie, Rosie, and Stitches. All are in my village and I love them.
I'm just not sure if buying more is worth it? Do you still buy card packs? Where do you get them from?
I've tried looking around, and I'm not sure where I should buy them. Do you buy the packs from all the series(1-4)?

When I know a certain villager that I want, I just try to find that specific card on ebay, amazon, or other equivalent websites. I'm not too into the gambling aspect of card packs (and especially since they're only 3 for 5,- which imo is insane).
You can get most cards individually for 1-4 dollars each, but knowing how much I would have had to spend on random packs and hoping that I'd get a certain villager, and all the spares I'd never use, is in my opinion a smart move.

However, if you plan on collecting a lot of cards, then starting your collection off with a bunch of packs is not a bad idea!! Later on you can trade/look for your missing cards online.

Are they worth it? Depends on what you want to do with them. Do you plan to use them? Collect them? Re-sell them? You can be the judge of that.

A bit of an extension of lowaltitude's post, I'm also in support of buying specific ones from other people. You're far more likely to get a deal on buying them in bulk that way.

To answer your question, I've never bought a card pack myself. I've heard of people buying packs until they've gotten doubles or only have a few cards left, then they'd buy specific cards.

I feel they're worth it, I regularly scan them and enjoy collecting them.

Last edited:
I think they can be worth it for the first couple of packs. I bought a bunch of packs with my friend a while ago and we each got doubles of characters we didn't want before we got a dream villager. I got EXTREMELY lucky getting Stitches, and getting some of the special characters can be fun too since you get their picture when you scan them in. I do purchase individual cards from eBay now, though; especially for the characters that never seem to come up in the packs.

When I know a certain villager that I want, I just try to find that specific card on ebay, amazon, or other equivalent websites. I'm not too into the gambling aspect of card packs (and especially since they're only 3 for 5,- which imo is insane).
You can get most cards individually for 1-4 dollars each, but knowing how much I would have had to spend on random packs and hoping that I'd get a certain villager, and all the spares I'd never use, is in my opinion a smart move.

However, if you plan on collecting a lot of cards, then starting your collection off with a bunch of packs is not a bad idea!! Later on you can trade/look for your missing cards online.

Are they worth it? Depends on what you want to do with them. Do you plan to use them? Collect them? Re-sell them? You can be the judge of that.

I totally have looked up some of my dream villagers, a lot of their individual cards people try to sell for like $25-60 each, which is really ridiculous to me.

A bit of an extension of lowaltitude's post, I'm also in support of buying specific ones from other people. You're far more likely to get a deal on buying them in bulk that way.

To answer your question, I've never bought a card pack myself. I've heard of people buying packs until they've gotten doubles or only have a few cards left, then they'd buy specific cards.

I feel they're worth it, I regularly scan them and enjoy collecting them.
I think it would be nice to collect them, although getting multiples would be annoying. I'm definitely considering buying a pack from each series, and then buying individual cards for villagers I really want.

Back