• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Are blue roses hard to breed .-.

Aloha

Bird
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Red Pansy
White Pansy
Yellow Pansy
Red Cosmos
White Cosmos
Mailbox
August Birthstone (Peridot)
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Orange (Fruit)
A nice fellow TBT user gave me a pair of purple tulips and blue roses.The tulips seem to be breeding at a steady pace whereas the blue roses,burying fertilizer every day,watering it.No other blue roses appear.Also is it me or are purple roses and blue pansies hard to breed also... TT . TT

Yes they are Dammit;u;

Last edited:
For some reason, Nintendo loves making the blue roses to spawn much much less often than many other hybrids. In this iteration, it is rather tricky, because you need to breed with red roses that are specifically spawned from a patch of purple and orange roses.

I just want to breed blue roses once, and then be done with them. I don't like the way they look at all, it's just one of those dorky gardening goals I have, but damn if they aren't a nuisance to breed.

I made some "special" red roses and put various patches of them all over the town; that was in early July, and no blue roses yet.

Purple roses are easier, once you get them going they spread daily. Make sure once you get a pair of hybrids you breed them just with eachother to up the chance of a new hybrid. Right now Im having trouble with Black Roses.

I heard that blue roses are a 5% chance to breed, I dunno how high it is with fertilizer.

My blue roses breed like wild fire. Half my beach is covered in blue roses. I've even stopped watering them because there's too many ._.

My blue roses breed like wild fire. Half my beach is covered in blue roses. I've even stopped watering them because there's too many ._.

So lucky. I can't get a single blue rose. I've got purple w/orange made red, but can't get any blue from those red roses.

They are a PAINNNNNN to breed on your own. >.< Lotta people, myself included, got them from other people -- whether it was a gift, trade, or purchase. Once you have a pair, it's easier.

As blue is my favorite color...I keep hoping for a blue rose (actually, more than just one). So far, I've got a reasonable number if blue pansies, a few blue violets, and not a single blue rose. Roses are also my fave, so it is the one flower I really, really want.

I have the beautiful town ordinance and I have no trouble breeding blue roses.
Usually I make about 6 a day.

There's quite a distinct line between people who can't make any and people who make tons, haha.

I only manage to have blue violets and a blue pansy, but so far no blue rose (but few good number of purple and orange roses).

To get blue roses from scratch it's extremely difficult.. Breeding oranges and purples to get the "second generation" reds, and then breed them for that 5% chance of getting blues.. It took me 70 days of TT'ing day-by-day with silver can and beautiful ordinance just to get two blue roses..

To breed them once you have two blue roses though is pretty easy, but when I was breedng them, I wasn't trying to breed anything else.. You get 5 new flowers each day full stop, which means if you're trying to breed other things, it'll be spread out across everything, plus maybe also a new random flower somewhere in town

70 days? This is going to take awhile to get blue roses. I only recently found out you have a better chance to get hybrids if you use the silver watering can rather than the gold watering can. You would think that the gold version of the tools would be better than the silver version, just like the silver is better than the regular ones, but this just isn't the case for certain tools.

I'm having no trouble at all breeding new blue roses from existing ones. I'm really stubborn though and I also want to breed them by myself. I've had loads of hybrid red roses next to each other on my beach for weeks and weeks now, still not a single blue rose. :(

I too have no issues breeding them from a pair I got in a giveaway. However, my blue pansy pair refuse to breed, as do my purple roses.

70 days? This is going to take awhile to get blue roses. I only recently found out you have a better chance to get hybrids if you use the silver watering can rather than the gold watering can. You would think that the gold version of the tools would be better than the silver version, just like the silver is better than the regular ones, but this just isn't the case for certain tools.

Or 100+ days if you are me!

Back