• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Are release dates from game stores trustable?

Don't get your hopes up. Every game store release I've seen claims something different, some even saying it'd be in as late as August.

No. They are place holders. I don't know why they even bother. They will know the release date when we find out.

Never trust game stores for release dates when the company themselves hasn't announced it.
They're speculating just as much as we are.
:p

I heard a time ago that company's need to give the costumors an estimate (any random date is good enough) before making pre-purchases possible.

That would be awesome, but it's just a placeholder. The title isn't even correct..that should show they haven't updated the information for the page in a long time.

I got (ANOTHER) email from Amazon telling me they don't have a release date yet for it. I've had it preordered for FOREVER. I can't tell you how many emails I've gotten telling me they don't have a release date. It's such a bummer :p LOL

I'm using Gamestop.com as an example.

Dead Pool - Xbox 360 release date 12/31/2013 This is almost 100% wrong. You can tell because it's set for a December 31st release. December 31st is a very common Gamestop place holder. Same applies with a game such as NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 3 set for a 3/31/2012 release. Since it used March over December It safe to assume it will come out in either March or April, but nothing is for certain.

^ That may be right, may not be. Most likely those are placeholder dates.

Until Nintendo themselves says something, you can consider all dates you see as pure guesses. Because that's what they generally are.

Back