• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Balloons

CHR:)S

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Classic Easter Egg
They seem to be one of the few disappointing things in the game. I heard ONLY balloon items come from it? That's going to get old real quick..

I feel like they should have made any item obtainable from it, with the balloon items being the rares of the present.

IIIKKKRRRRRR, that's what I was thinking. The balloon items would be rare drops, but nope, that's all you're gonna get.
The slingshot might be my least used tool this time around. That balloon furniture is hideous.

Yeah... its kind of weird. but hey, its a new set! it gets old though seeing every AC house with a balloon set room and a nintendo set room... :p

I don't mind the balloon furniture. I actually really like it. But I just know it's going to get to the point where I'm not even going to bother shooting them down anymore. And the golden slingshot is not going to be something I'm going to care about having.

I feel like they just ruined a fun aspect of the game.

Well I do kinda like the balloon set, but isn't there some kind of balloon badge? I don't think I need 200 pieces from that set. Doesn't make a lot of sense.

You forgot that the slingshot got a bit harder to obtain, since you have to upgrade your Nookling shop at least once to get them.
Also, there's an almost never-ending supply of silver slingshots, as they tend to come a bit often, like 50% of times.

Yeah, slingshots are useless now since the rare Nintendo items can be obtained via fortune cookie and we're not shooting down Gulliver anymore. The balloon series is hideous so I probably won't even buy a slingshot.

I won't miss all the anxiety about always needing a slingshot on me, though! I was always so paranoid about missing a chance to shoot down Gulliver's spaceship.

I won't miss all the anxiety about always needing a slingshot on me, though! I was always so paranoid about missing a chance to shoot down Gulliver's spaceship.

Yes, but that anxiety was a good anxiety, if that makes sense. It was something you always hoped to have appear for your town, and you'd anxiously await it day-by-day... It's a good thing.

To be honest, I'm glad it'll be one less slot that I need to use and can instead save for other things. I'll still probably get the balloon set for the sake of completion, but after that, I will gladly say goodbye to the slingshot. It was never one of the enjoyable things for me in the series anyway. I can understand why some others will miss its previous use and purpose, but I'm alright with it.

I'm glad that Gulliver returned to his seafaring ways. They could have blended the two ideas with the spaceship theme, but crashed. Anyhow, yes there is a badge for bringing down balloons. I pretty much ignored the balloons once I got all the Mario items.

I do plan on getting the balloon set so it's not a complete disappointment for me. Still, it will kind of suck once I have them all. How hard would it have been to add random items after you've received the whole balloon set? Sometimes Nintendo...

I want to get all the badges so ill keep my slingshot with me. But also if your not going to keep the balloon set it might be worth getting them just to sell? maybe even at Re-Tail for a higher price? Im not sure how much they are worth though...

I'll probably get the set then never touch the slingy again. I always preferred the way balloons were handled in the GameCube version. The slingshot was just a space wasted in my inventory, I always thought.

I admit to not liking the balloon set, and so this does give me a little bit of disappointment. However, if it turns out the balloon set is worth a fair amount of bells, buying a slingshot may be worth it so I can sell the furniture.

I sell all my balloon furniture at Re-Tail. The set price is very average. So it's not really rare furniture. If I remember correctly, each piece should be about 1000-5000 bells, (if you can set the price just right)

It's been a while since I last sold something balloon related. Small chance im wrong

I would always just sell whatever came out of the balloons anyways. It's not a big deal to me. Though I don't have much plans for the balloon furniture.

I really liked the UFO it was my fave thing so i'm disappointed with that. As far as the slingshot im still going to get one to try to get a golden one because I want all golden tools. But I don't like how you only get balloon items from them now. Any one have any idea where the super Mario set comes from now? is it the same as the Nintendo?

tumblr_mfttn66SH61s1lku3o1_400.jpg

Okay, this really looks lame. But I would get it for my collection.

I shall let the presents sit where they drop and whoever visits my town may take them as they please.

Back