• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Best order to play Mario Kart 8

Alolan_Apples

Old > New
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
As I was playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, I played the cups in the order that made them seem cinematic. I did that for 50cc, so I'm gonna do it for the others.

The order I came up with for Single Player for cinematic reasons is:

• Cup I - Mushroom Cup
  • Cup II - Flower Cup
  • Cup III - Star Cup
  • Cup IV - Special Cup
  • Cup V - Egg Cup
  • Cup VI - Triforce Cup
  • Cup VII - Crossing Cup
  • Cup VIII - Bell Cup
  • Cup IX- Shell Cup
  • Cup X - Banana Cup
  • Semifinal Cup - Leaf Cup
  • FINAL CUP - Lightning Cup
If you want to know why I prefer to play Mario Kart 8 like this, here are the reasons:

1. Mushroom Cup - like all Mario Kart games, the Mushroom Cup the a beginner's cup. But in Mario Kart 8, the Mushroom Cup started with Mario Kart Stadium, which was a very strong start to a Mario Kart game, proving why Mario Kart 8 was one of the better Mario Karts. Plus, the other three tracks seemed to feel easy and childish (amusement parks and sweets). It's good to start with little casual stuff before going to the hardcore stuff.
  2. Flower Cup - easily the most classic Mario Kart cup, as it introduced tracks like Toad Harbor and Shy Guy Falls. While some seemed hard, the Flower Cup was another set of easy tracks. Just not-so-easy.
  3. Star Cup - the Star Cup is when it starts to get trickier. Dolphin Shoals would have to be the worst on 150cc, especially if you're using a heavy racer. But the Star Cup is always the third cup of the Mario Kart games.
  4. Special Cup - before they started introducing retro cups, the Special Cup has always been the last cup, as the tracks were expected to be much harder. And it was. Cloudtop Cruise was harder than the other starting tracks in the Nitro Cups, Bone-Dry Dunes was difficult on the curves, Bowser's Castle has always been the semi-final track, and Rainbow Road was always the final track. Not only that, but if you were playing on 200cc, this would've been a lot harder.
  5. Egg Cup - the four main cups are over, but there's a lot more in Mario Kart that's left to be done. The reason why I made the Egg Cup #5 is because it's the first of the former DLC cups, and I prefer to make the DLC cups come before the retro cups if we're not going to break a series. Granted, it is the second hardest DLC cup, all because Dragon Driftway is in the way, but the cup as a whole is not as bad.
  6. Triforce Cup - the Triforce Cup was part of the same DLC as the Egg Cup, as these tracks are among the most exciting. It's also easy, but not too easy.
  7. Crossing Cup - the Zelda DLC went first, but the Animal Crossing DLC comes next, starting with the easier of the two cups (Crossing Cup). It's fun and easy at 50cc, but when it gets harder, it gets really hard (especially the Animal Crossing track).
  8. Bell Cup - the hardest of the DLC cups goes at #8. The first track is nearly impossible to beat on 200cc, the rest are difficult too, and Big Blue is a linear track than continuous (like Mount Wario). Seems like a good end to the DLC series.
  9. Shell Cup - after two hard cups in a row is an easier cup, but it's the beginning of the retro cup series, which I save for last.
  10. Banana Cup - the Banana Cup seems to be quite easy early on, but at 200cc, it jumped to becoming the hardest (or one of the hardest). It's still easy compared to the other two retro tracks after.
  11. Leaf Cup - the Leaf Cup, in my opinion, is harder than the Star Cup. Except that Sherbet Land was easier than Dolphin Shoals. And Yoshi Valley sounded like a really good end for a semifinal cup.
  12. Lightning Cup - the hardest of the retro cups, and the greatest of the Mario Kart finales. In past Mario Kart games, the Special Cup felt like a true finale to the game, but in Mario Kart 8, the Lightning Cup was the true finale in my opinion. Grumble Volcano was the true semifinal track out of all 48 tracks, and Rainbow Road N64 was the greatest final track in all of Mario Kart. I'm glad they made that in Mario Kart 8, as it was my favorite Mario Kart track. Even the music sounded like a Mario Kart finale.

Tldr?

Basically, I wanted an order where Mario Kart Stadium was the first out of the 48 tracks and the N64 Rainbow Road to be the last of the 48 tracks.

Back