• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Best way to make villagers move!

Sholee

everything must go~
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Red Candy
Orange Candy
Yellow Candy
Green Candy
Blue Candy
う
ぶ
つ
の
森
Whats the best way to make villagers move? I really want to get rid of 4 of my villagers. I need a method that worked for you guys. So far I've been hitting them with my net and not talking to them.

Whats the best way to make villagers move? I really want to get rid of 4 of my villagers. I need a method that worked for you guys. So far I've been hitting them with my net and not talking to them.

Someone please answer this question.

A dirty kangaroo just moved in directly onto the middle of one of my pathways, and directly in front of my park bench! Seriously, I couldn't have even placed that park bench that close to a house. It's literally right behind it =(

Last edited:
I know a lot of people dont like this but you can time travel day by day and go around the neighbors until one of them say they wanna move. After your done getting rid of all the uglies you can TT back to the origninal date. Its a pretty cool method to me.

Ignore them completely. Don't hit with nets, don't throw into pitfalls. Just ignore :)

I really hate this one guy who moved right in front of my house! I chose to stay by myself but chops moved right in front of me right after I built my house! Haven't liked him since. Been messin with him he won't leave though -_-

Just ignore for a few days then eventually they will want to talk to you about moving out.

Talk to them enough that they will be comfortable approaching you, but ignore them for a good bit of time. If you time travel, talk to them all the time because those you like are more likely to want to move away when you time travel.

I just hit my neighbor with the net four days in a row and ignored her. Fifth day she let me know that she was moving on and then she asked me how I felt, of course I chose the answer encouraging her to go. One thing though, when hitting with the net make sure to hit them to get the puff of steam from them so you know there mad.

And don't bother sending mean letters or letters with junk because they'll probably do the same thing like the neighbor I was working on getting rid of and send back a cheery letter saying how you made them feel better.

Last edited:
And don't bother sending mean letters or letters with junk because they'll probably do the same thing like the neighbor I was working on getting rid of and send back a cheery letter saying how you made them feel better.

unless you send them letters with trash in it lol

Ignore them, hit them with the net.

When they ask you what do you think about them moving, choose the second option (the "yes I want you to move" thing).

It actually doesn't matter if you hit them with a net or throw them into pitfalls. Every few days, a villager will move out (this usually happens once your 9th villager has moved in.) The villager that is moving out could be a villager that you're best friends with, it could also be a villager that you bully constantly. It's random.

However, it is best to just ignore the villager that you want to "evict" This way if they mention that they're planning to move out you won't accidentally talk them into staying (sometimes they will change their mind about leaving even if you tell them to go.)

Source: I have gotten most of my ugly villagers to move out, but every now and then a villager that I am very good friends with and run errands for constantly will mention that they're thinking of leaving.

However, it is best to just ignore the villager that you want to "evict" This way if they mention that they're planning to move out you won't accidentally talk them into staying (sometimes they will change their mind about leaving even if you tell them to go.)

If I ignore them all the time, will they still move out even if they never officially tell me?

Also, does anybody know if the decision to move after saying "yes" or "no" is personality based? I got a lazy villager to move by honestly telling him "yes, do so", but maybe a cranky or jock one would have to hear a "no, please don't" to really convince him to move?

You have to talk to the villager at least once while they're in your town, so that they approach you, or eventually decide to move. Yes, villagers can move out independently, without approaching you.

As for the decision: yeah, probably. Different personalities require different actions and responses to be taken and made in order to convince them to move in (that is, campsite visitors), so I'd assume the same for moving out.

If I ignore them all the time, will they still move out even if they never officially tell me?

Also, does anybody know if the decision to move after saying "yes" or "no" is personality based? I got a lazy villager to move by honestly telling him "yes, do so", but maybe a cranky or jock one would have to hear a "no, please don't" to really convince him to move?
They will still move out even if they never get to tell you, which is why it's very important to spend a lot of time talking to your favorite villagers (so that you can stop them from leaving if they choose to move out)

I've gotten a smug villager, a jock, and a normal villager to move by telling them to go when they asked. Don't know if it's different for others though >__<

I like hitting them with the net a few times. Might not make them leave, but still funny!

Idk if this helps the process, but if you take out a megaphone and stand right next to them and call their name, they will get angry at you and refuse to talk to you for a few minutes.

I don't mind the so called 'Ugly' villagers.
Tabby actually makes me laugh once in a while and she's considered ugly material.
But I don't really like the Snooty villagers, Some of them aren't very appealing (Like Monique), But there are some exceptions.
I just choose the most disrespectful answer when talking to a villager I hate and that gets them packing to move.

They will still move out even if they never get to tell you, which is why it's very important to spend a lot of time talking to your favorite villagers (so that you can stop them from leaving if they choose to move out)

I've gotten a smug villager, a jock, and a normal villager to move by telling them to go when they asked. Don't know if it's different for others though >__<

I've noticed that it has nothing to do with whether you are mean to them or not...

HOWEVER. If an animal is going to move that day...I noticed that it's the first animal to speak to you that day. I had my 3 favorite villagers try to move out on me simply because they were the first ones I saw that day. Once a villager asks to move out, if it's one you like, convince them to stay, then in a couple of days another villager will want to leave. During those two days, try to make sure that the villager you want to move is the one who sees you first!

I got Katt to ask me about moving this way! =D

Back