• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Beta Map

Tommi

@tommiplaysgames
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
6827-5298-3488
Hi guys!

Do you all remember this beta map from a few years ago? Click to enlarge:

ekoce.jpg

I just found it again on my laptop after all this time, and noticed that a lot of content shown isn't included in the final version.

The map shows a smaller island with a statue along with another building out in the ocean, a building by the docks, fountains in the shopping area and on the island, a cave and several other things dotted around the town.

I'm a bit dissapointed that these were removed, but still SO EXCITED for June!

I remember seeing this. It confused me since we had randomly generated maps but realized it's just for showing off new stuff.

Oh my god i totally forgot about them too! I agree its a bit disappointed too! But oh well...

You never know. Nintendo may have trimmed some things down such as the cave, and what looks like a hut on the ocean for the player to own and decorate, and the beach house by the dock... and is planning to implement those ideas in an even later release of Animal Crossing.

You never know. Nintendo may have trimmed some things down such as the cave, and what looks like a hut on the ocean for the player to own and decorate, and the beach house by the dock... and is planning to implement those ideas in an even later release of Animal Crossing.

Yeah, maybe they'll be in a future WiiU game.

Just noticed there seems to be more shops in that map. I guess they took all that stuff out to make room for the Dream World, Island mini-games etc, so I guess it's not so bad :)

Yeah, maybe they'll be in a future WiiU game.

Just noticed there seems to be more shops in that map. I guess they took all that stuff out to make room for the Dream World, Island mini-games etc, so I guess it's not so bad :)

I counted the same amount of shops though it's missing the Recycle Shop and several villager houses if anyone wants to get technical.
It's just concept art and no one ever uses the entire concept, things get thrown out and saved for later editions.

That ocean cave. It mocks me.

Tell me your secrets, ocean cave.

I loved this when it came out. Though I thought the shopping district was weird at first but I think they implemented it in a good way! I wish they had used the train like in the concept art, though. I still hate that modernized weird train cab thing. The original train makes me feel like I've traveled from far away. The new thing looks like I'm just a short rail ride from mom and dad's house!

Totally forgot about that too. >w< Meh, they put my most wanted feature in it so im just excited to get this game soon~

The only thing I really like on that map are the cave and the bonfire

I totally forgot about this!
Kind of disappointed it didn't make it to the final game. I like the little details, like the cave.

Wow, no love for that classic GC Animal Crossing train in here.... :(

I don't have a problem with the new modern one, I just would have preferred the GC one.

Not disappointed at all! Its just concept art! Early on, to be sure! I'm very excited about the game! :)

Back