• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Blog Entry #2 -Happy Home Designer

Holly...

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
0581-4952-7801
Pear (Fruit)
Leif
So I was at the speciality game store today and saw three Amiibo figurines for $75 all together. No thanks. I might get them later, if you can do anything on the Switch using them. I'm really excited for the new Animal Crossing. I know it won't release in March, because it wasn't mentioned in the livestream, but hopefully not too much longer to wait. I will get the new Just Dance and the new Mario Cart as well. The new Zelda looks interesting, too, not that I have even played Zelda before.

I asked the man in the store if they had any Amiibo cards in stock. The answer was no. Not to get all TMI on you, but I've been hanging around the store a few times a week, for several weeks, trying to get up the nerve to ask. It probably helped that there was no line at the checkout to ask, since I was the only customer in the store!

I looked on the website when I got back, and it said they were $5 for one card. One card! Not even a set of 3. And there was only series 1 or 2. So I bought two random cards off eBay for $3 each. I hope I get good ones. I think they could be from series 1, 2 or 3.

Back at the store, I also asked (I was on a roll!) how much it was for a NFC reader. I had seen them on the website, but never in store, even though I have been looking for months. He said they were out of stock but they were $29.99. I said 'yeah, I'm too poor for that.'

Then I looked at Animal Crossing games. NF was $80, and HHD was $60. I didn't see the Wii U game, Amiibo Festival or whatever it's called. But then! Then! I saw a HHD + NFC reader for $75! So my sister paid $35 and I paid $35 and we agreed to 'share' it. But I knew it would mostly be mine, since I play AC a lot more than her, and when I was telling her about the Switch, she said 'so can you play your old DS games on it? Or do you have to buy new DS games?' I sighed and explained it was not a DS, for only the hundredth time. 'Yeah, but, like, can you?' was her answer.

Anyway, in order for her to agree to the deal, she had to be the first one to play it. It's many hours later now, and she says she has finished decorating everyone's houses. Hmm. I began to think that it was not the best idea to 'share' now!

On the plus side, the pack came with a 'special' Amiibo card. It was Joan. I didn't tell her it came in it, even though it clearly says it on the box. Hopefully she hasn't read it, because I kept it for myself. I just know she'll lose it, or hold it hostage and make me pay her to use it, or something insane like that. I'm really excited for my new cards. They'll arrive at the end of January, in just over two weeks.

Goodnight!

irhaskell8;bt13517 said:
Sister problems?

Always! ;) She named the player 'katerinea.' Without capital letters. I don't even think that's a real name.

Back