• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Blog Post #1 - Creating My New Town

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Hello everyone! This is Mei here with my first ever TBT Blog Post!
Yesterday I reset my Animal Crossing New Leaf town, named Cascadia, something that I had been considering for a while. I had a lot of stuff there, yes, but I also had rushed everything and ended up with a cluttered, unlikeable town. Looking back on it, the only part of that town that I miss is all the things I had collected in my museum.
So, I started anew with a new town. I didn't give any of my old items that I had collected to someone for temporary storage, I just started anew. I really needed a fresh start. This new town was named Hoshi. This time around I decided to use a name that meant something to me as my town's name. Hoshi, meaning star in Japanese, is a name I use everywhere (as you can see in my username). Stars are my favorite shape and I draw them everywhere! It really helps me connect with my town :blush:
The name I chose for my mayor is actually the name of an OC I have, Mei. It is also the name I go by on these forums. This also really helped me connect with her. As you can probably tell, I feel like if you connect with your Town and associate parts of your life with them, you will have a better experience playing.
I also created a plan for my town and created a list of dream villagers this time around.
This time around though, I also made one other change in my gameplay which definitely made me more enthusiastic about Animal Crossing.
I joined these forums!
The Bell Tree Forums is such a nice place to be! Everyone is, generally, very sweet and nice and we all help each other out. When I was looking everywhere for a Bow Wig (my OC has a Bow hairstyle) TWO people offered to give me theirs at no cost! I really enjoy spending my time here.
So thank you to all of the people who have been very nice to me as I both started my new town and TBT account! I hope to talk to you guys more in the future!
-Mei

Welcome to the forums and the world of blogging! I agree -- You're inclined to put much more effort into your town and character if they mean something special to you. :) Best of luck with your new town. I'm looking forward to reading more about it!

Back