• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Blue dot at bottom of New Leaf game icon

Elloriee

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Cake
So I got a blue dot at the bottom of my game icon. Just like if you get mail in swapnote. Does anyone know what this means? I already checked the Happy Homes Showcase thing and nothing was there. I also checked the post office, but nothing happened. So any ideas?

It was an update. For anyone else who got this: just open up the game, press A, and then click the option "update data"

The Blue dot is a spot pass notification. If you open up your notifications window from the home menu it will give you the details.

The Blue dot is a spot pass notification. If you open up your notifications window from the home menu it will give you the details.

It wasn't a spot pass notification..The blue dot only appeared on the game slot.

I got it too and did update but not sure how long it took i thought it would be long so I went to the kitchen for a drink and when I got back to my room it was done.... zzz

Have you unlocked the dream suite yet as ive read elsewhere that it maybe for when people have visited your town via the dream suite.

Ah I've been getting this for days and wondering what it was as it wasn't street/spot pass! Thank you!

It's not for an update. I just updated mine, and I still had the blue dot, even after shutting off/restarting the 3DS. The dream suite visitor suggestion makes the most sense of all the theories I've heard so far, because my blue dot comes and goes all day long.

I think it is a dream suite notification. Every time that I see the blue dot, I have checked the dream suite and it shows a different person has dreamed of my town.

I checked my dream suite number of visitors, next time the blue dot appears I will check again to see if it's gone up.

I still find this strange as I get the blue dot (or did before I updated) on my digital copy of AC:NL too in which I haven't opened the dream suite yet..

My town has had 11 visitors via Dream Suite and I've never received the blue dot. My Spotpass notifications are also turned on.

Back