Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
7926-2339-9775
Island
Rising Sun
Hiya from Singapore. I just bought my first Nintendo Switch a few days ago along with Animal Crossing, Let's Go Pokémon (both Pikachu and Eevee) and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. Been wanting to play AC for a long time (the real one, not the mobile app I played for a couple months and got bored), so I'm glad that I finally got the chance. :)

But yeah, things are definitely a bit intimidating for a newcomer like me because I got pretty lost playing AC. I sold my creatures because I didn't know you could donate them to Tom Nook, and having done all the daily tasks now (I'm currently saving up to upgrade my tent and waiting for the museum to be built), I don't really have much else to do other than catch more creatures and sell them for bells, crafting the few items on my recipe list and also watering my plants. It's not really what I expected to be honest. lol I read that it's not a game meant to be finished in one-go, and how you have to wait and check-in daily for the game to progress (in real time too!), which is definitely quite a new experience I've rarely encountered before (outside of mobile games). That is, unless you can pass the time by going to bed in the game (like in other farming games)?

That's not to say I'm disliking the game or anything (I certainly wouldn't have created this account or this introduction thread just to rant about it if that's the case), but I'm definitely at a loss on how I should progress from here on. I guess I was just expecting to have meet new villagers from the get-go and just perform tasks for them like in Stardew Valley or My Time in Portia. There was one villager I really wanted to get on my island because I fell in love with her from playing the AC: Pocket Camp app - the adorable little kitty named Merry - so I was hoping to meet her too on New Horizon. lol If any one has any advice on how I can get her (and other villagers) on my island, that will be nice. :) Much appreciated.

Anyway, sorry if I come off as a Negative Nancy. I really want to like the game, which is why I came here to find out how I could get more out of the game. I don't really have any friends to add too, so it gets a bit lonely on the island. Feel free to add me if you wish - I'm in the northern hemisphere. :)

Welcome to The Bell Tree! 🎉

I hope you enjoy your time here! We have a lot of helpful people here, and if you have a Nintendo Online subscription, it could fill out the game a little for you if you're at a loss for what to do while you wait. People can help you get different fruits, different items and new recipes. You can also visit other peoples islands.

I too found the game a little slow at progressing when I had a tent, but I think you'll find once you have your buildings down it moves more quickly! 😊

If you'd like the game to move faster, some people "time travel", which means that you save your game, disconnect your Switch time from the internet, and set your clock day a day forward. I recommend Googling it before doing it if you're interested, to make sure you do it correctly and don't lose any of your progress.

As for finding Merry, you could either use Nook Mile Tickets and hope to find her on a mystery island, or possibly buy her amiibo card if you're interested in that type of thing.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, it's a really helpful community here! 😊

Welcome to tbt! 💛
AC is indeed a whole different experience than most other games due to its "real time" playing and often waiting for something to be finished. As for your question to speed things up, going to bed doesn't do anything, if you really want to speed something up you could "timetravel", there are both people for and against doing it but basically you go into your switch settings and change the day. I'd say, once you start having the buildings and progressed a bit in the game, things start to speed up with more stuff to do, npcs coming to visit and items to trade/buy/sell. Speaking off, this community is a great place to travel around to other islands or invite others to yours, look for items to buy/sell and looking for turnip prices, you can find those under "animal crossing: new horizons", people here are super friendly and helpful! 😊

For your villagers question, they will either appear on mystery islands (use your nook miles tickets at the airport) or vistit your camp site once you've build it once in a while. After a little talk you can ask them to move to your island. This, however, will only be possible if you have a free house lot. The villagers that appear are at random so it will be a hunt and good luck to get the ones you really want, OR check the thread I mentioned above, where they also sell villagers 😉

I'm sure you'll have a great time here, the beginning is always a little confusing and overwhelming but that will fade away quickly! 🤗

and if you have a Nintendo Online subscription, it could fill out the game a little for you if you're at a loss for what to do while you wait.
Oh, nice. I've actually just got a one year subscription myself. It allows cloud save and offers old Nintendo games, if I'm correct?

As for finding Merry, you could either use Nook Mile Tickets and hope to find her on a mystery island, or possibly buy her amiibo card if you're interested in that type of thing.
Nice. I'm looking right now to see if I could buy her card from a third-party seller.

Welcome to tbt! 💛
if you really want to speed something up you could "timetravel", there are both people for and against doing it but basically you go into your switch settings and change the day.
Yeah, I'm not the patient type, but I don't really feel like spoiling the game by time-traveling forward. lol Think I'll just let it progress naturally in real time.

After a little talk you can ask them to move to your island. This, however, will only be possible if you have a free house lot.
Ah, nice. How do I get a free house lot on my island, by the way? :LOL:

Thanks for all the tips, you two! I greatly appreciate it. :D

Oh, nice. I've actually just got a one year subscription myself. It allows cloud save and offers old Nintendo games, if I'm correct?

Nice. I'm looking right now to see if I could buy her card from a third-party seller.

Yeah, I'm not the patient type, but I don't really feel like spoiling the game by time-traveling forward. lol Think I'll just let it progress naturally in real time.

At some point, Nook will give you the assigment to build 3 houses on your island, once finished, those 3 villagers will move in and then from there on out you can talk to nook and buy a house plot for 10k bells (10 villagers maximum). You place it down and the sign will say "for sale" , during that time you can travel to mystery islands to hunt your villagers you want. If you don't do it by the next day, the game will automatically sell it and put in a random villager (sign will now say "sold"). Hope my explanation makes sense, hehe. 😅

At some point, Nook will give you the assigment to build 3 houses on your island, once finished, those 3 villagers will move in and then from there on out you can talk to nook and buy a house plot for 10k bells (10 villagers maximum). You place it down and the sign will say "for sale" , during that time you can travel to mystery islands to hunt your villagers you want. If you don't do it by the next day, the game will automatically sell it and put in a random villager (sign will now say "sold"). Hope my explanation makes sense, hehe. 😅
Nice, nice. But a random villager? Oh no. lol I've just bought 6 villager amiibo cards though, so I think I definitely won't lack for villagers. lmao

Nice, nice. But a random villager? Oh no. lol I've just bought 6 villager amiibo cards though, so I think I definitely won't lack for villagers. lmao

Sounds like you'll be all set then, indeed 😆

I agree that it's probably best to try the game without "time travelling" first! If you find it's slow at the moment, the options definitely open up after a little while! 😊

It's great you got the Nintendo subscription, because it can really help to get the most out of the game. 😊 I'm not sure if you were aware, but you can't get all of the different fruit/fruit tree types without getting them from someone else. There is also different styles of the same item, so you can find different styles in other peoples shop. 😊 Visiting other islands also helps if you want to fill out your museum faster.

I hope you really enjoy the game! If you are looking for items let me know and I'll do my best to help!

hi! welcome to tbt! it’s so nice to meet you. ^^ 💞

your feelings of being intimidated are completely valid and there’s absolutely no shame in it! we all were once newcomers ourselves, so we get it. i totally feel you on being a bit impatient with the game progressing in real time; i still get impatient with it sometimes myself, even after so many years 🤣. the beginning of new horizons is definitely a bit slow, but i promise that things’ll speed up and get more exciting soon! also, it’s super cool that you’ve purchased some amiibo cards! i hope that you’ll enjoy your new villagers once they arrive! ^_^

@/S.J. and @/_Donut_ seem to have answered your main questions, but please don’t hesitate to ask if you need help with anything else! we’re a friendly bunch, so i or anyone else will be glad to help out in any way/s that we can!

anyways, i hope you’ll enjoy your time here! i look forward to seeing you around. <3

Welcome to TBT! I totally get your feelings of being intimidated as well, I felt the exact same way when I first started the game and didn't have much to show for it, I was getting impatient. I think what helps is having people to wi-fi with to give you stuff, for instance I had a friend that'd just give me spare bells and furniture and crafting recipes to help me progress and that seemed to work decently! I don't have a whole lot of time to play AC:NH anymore, but I'm in the northern hemisphere as well and if we can arrange a time, I can possibly help you out (especially with the crafting recipes, I have WAY too many extras).

I don't have a whole lot of time to play AC:NH anymore, but I'm in the northern hemisphere as well and if we can arrange a time, I can possibly help you out (especially with the crafting recipes, I have WAY too many extras).
Nice! I would love that. Could always use a helping hand! :LOL:

Well, my timezone is GMT +8, so feel free to add me and drop me a line whenever it's convenient. :)

I'm in GMT -4 so that might be a slight hurdle for us and I don't check TBT all the time, so if it's easier for you feel free to add me somewhere else that you have (discord for example)

I'm in GMT -4 so that might be a slight hurdle for us and I don't check TBT all the time, so if it's easier for you feel free to add me somewhere else that you have (discord for example)
I do have Discord, but I'm afraid I don't use it much. lol

Welcome!

I’ve got a lot out of watching tutorials on YouTube. I highly recommend that, especially in the beginning, as you’ll learn things that you would have never thought of on your own. The options are immense with AC! Definitely hold off on time traveling until you get a bit further along and comfortable.

have fun!

Back