Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Mailbox
Tasty Cake
Orange (Fruit)
Non-Mainstream Recommendations- Veil of Elysium

This blog entry is going to be shorter than my others, so all you people who think my reviews are too long, rejoice! This isn't exactly a full song review, I just wanted to recommend a song that not many of you may have heard. It's a symphonic power metal song called 'Veil of Elysium' by KAMELOT. I know some of you may have been turned off as soon as I said "metal", so let me just say that I don't listen to a lot of metal either. I am trying to broaden my tastes in music and listen to different genres, but currently metal still doesn't really appeal to me. This, however, is one metal song that I absolutely love!

This song is about the death of a lover, and the hope that he'll see her again when he passes. The lyrics are complex and descriptive, and meaningful, and they capture the emotions associated with this subject matter. It's not all doom and gloom, though. Instead of creating a slow, quiet, tear-jerking to some and boring to others ballad, KAMELOT created a metal song, with some amazing guitar solos, raw, haunting vocals, and some damn catchy hooks and riffs. Some people would think music like this doesn't suit a subject matter like this, but not every song about death needs to be depressing! It can be raw, powerful, passionate. The singer can use sheer force to convey his complex emotions. In other words, they can be like this song.

Even if you are not a metal fan, I'd recommend at least giving it one chance. You never know, maybe you'll discover a metal song that you love, like I did.

[video=youtube;JEch2Zdq7b0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEch2Zdq7b0[/video]

Score: 9/10

So, I promised in my 'Hide Away' review that my next review would be a positive one, and I'm going to bring you that positive review pretty soon (because there's a song I don't like that I really want to talk about, but I need to make good on my promise first). I'll give you a hint: it's a Twenty One Pilots song... and it's not a review for 'Stressed Out'.

I don't like Metal at all, but I gave it a chance and it was Good! It has a reasonable message unlike hideway did, cant wait for your next review, I love Twenty One Pilots

Acnl_starfall;bt12555 said:
I don't like Metal at all, but I gave it a chance and it was Good! It has a reasonable message unlike hideway did, cant wait for your next review, I love Twenty One Pilots

I love Twenty One Pilots too! I'm glad you liked this song. :)

Back