• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

bugs.

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
4404-2458-1707
Is anyone else having problems finding bugs in their town? I haven't caught one bug and have been playing daily since it came out. I get moths and butterflies, that's it.

Play at night. There will be more things like rainbow stags, ect. There will be MANY more tomorrow, July 1st. Cicadas, Stag Beetles, rarer dragonflies, Scorpions, AND Tarantulas... Also try hitting rocks and a centipede or a pill bug may pop out! There are also spiders and bees in trees, and they pop out after you shake the trees.

-=-=-as a side note-=-=-
Many people have problems catching bees... Just run straight up for a short while, maybe a few seconds, after shaking bees out of a tree, press "X" to access your inventory, and pull out your net. Now, you will be facing straight down, with the bees coming straight up. Just hold "A" to "Creep" but DO NOT MOVE. Now, you have to be quick. When the bees come onto the screen, adjust the way you are facing ever so slightly (sometimes they may be slightly to the side) and let go of "A" at just the right time... and now you have yourself a challenging bug to catch.

Sorry that^^^ was so off topic, just a tip for people having problems catching bees...

Thanks for the advice, especially about the bees. I can never catch them. I'll try that. I have been hitting rocks and playing at night. But I'll keep trying. Hopefully tomorrow there will be some like you said. Thanks again.

Also, use the island to catch any bug you may have missed during June as the island covers the entirety of summer. Use tours to catch things that don't spawn on the island itself.

Another thing is to remember that rain drives virtually all bugs away. Almost no bugs spawn during rain, and many players have had tons of rain lately so just letting you know in case you're one of them.

I find more bugs during the day then at night. But now that I think about most of them are just butterflies.

Back