• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Bushes

Stevey Queen

The Queen of Mimosas
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
May Birthstone (Emerald)
Red Pansy
Happy Ditto Easter Egg
Zipper Sakura
Spring Sakura
Tasty Cake
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
Cake
I have a few questions about bushes.

Will they grow next to a community project? I have plans for an awesome garden but it relys on bushes growing next to the flower archway. I'm hoping this will be possible.

Next,
HNI_0010.JPG

Why is it called this?

I'm not sure about bushes growing next to community projects myself, but there are more than just the island bushes. It's called "y.- hibiscus start" because having the item called "yellow hibiscus start" is just simply too long.
You can see all types of flowers and bushes on this link: http://bidoofcrossing.tumblr.com/post/39876775838/all-flowers-bushes-in-animal-crossing-new-leaf

You can get the non-island bushes (hibiscus) at the Home Center, or the 3rd upgrade of Timmy and Tommy's shop.

You can't grow bushes next to buildings, cliffs, or community projects. But they will grow next to trees. It's a shame we can't grow them right next to buildings though :(

Very interesting information! I admit that the ability to plant decorative bushes and create hedges was one of the things I was anticipating most. Does anyone happen to know if they can be planted alongside the railroad tracks?

You can't grow bushes next to buildings, cliffs, or community projects. But they will grow next to trees. It's a shame we can't grow them right next to buildings though :(

Well thats depressing.

I think I know of a way I can work around this inconvenience. Thanks.

I'm not even sure why "start" is in the hibiscus item names in the English version.
In the Japanese version, they're just "yellow hibiscus" etc.

It's too bad they can't be planted next to cliffs. I wanted to make a maze, but it would be very easy to just walk around the entire thing. -_-

A maze would be pretty, Mint, but I'm sure you can work something out.

Too bad they won't grow next to buildings or PWPs, but I may incorporate some with trees to make paths and "roads". Save wear and tear on the grass.

So I grew a bush where a tree use to be and it died???

What the heck is up with these things? It's like they have 90% death rate. I had plans for a garden and they are totally screwing me over.

I also tried planting bushes in front of my house, first right next to my house (my mistake) but yesterday I clearly left one square open aroudnd them, ( idid plant two next to each other though) but today they died again...

doing the same thing today but on the other side of my house (there's a cliff on the left sidem but im 100% sure there was space between the cliff and the bush)

hope they will survive the night, else I'm really not sure why they die... unless they have to be planted in a certain month?...

I placed my lamp posts at a spot specifically to grow bushes around it. Guess I'll have to move it since the bush I was testing didn't grow. At least they can grow near trees, I can do something with that.

Well this crushed my hopes even further. I wanted trees completely surrounding my campsite, and I tried knowing it would fail. Then a glimmer of hope came when I thought maybe the bushes would grow! According to this thread.....no. At least I didn't waste bushes trying though!

All my attempts are failures, going to try it once more.

tumblr_mot6xxiVGz1qbl59ho1_400.jpg

the little sprouts are bushes, on the right flowers which are connected to a cliff/ledge down to the beach.

the bushes SHOULD grow... right? Can't wait till tomorrow morning to see for myself >_<

the little sprouts are bushes, on the right flowers which are connected to a cliff/ledge down to the beach.

the bushes SHOULD grow... right? Can't wait till tomorrow morning to see for myself >_<

Yes, they should grow. :)

They should unless theres a dead spot there.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Does bamboo grow next to PWPs? Specifically lampposts

Nothing grows next to public work projects. Except flowers.

Back