• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

[Buying with TBT] New Signature & Possibly Avatar!

-Lumi-

🍂 fall lesbian!! 🍂
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Bronzed Bushwhacker Foraged Mushroom
Stained Trombone Spore Foraged Mushroom
Porkini Foraged Mushroom
Shiny Foongus Foraged Mushroom
Blue Foraged Brushroom
Zero-G, Commander, Foraged Mushroom
Red Foraged Brushroom
Booton Foraged Mushroom
Pink Poyopuffball Foraged Mushroom
Embarrassed Foraged Blushroom
Feedback
100% (126) +
Hello everyone!

I'm thinking about maybe getting a new signature and avatar made up specifically for Pride Month. I wanted to post a thread and see if anybody would be open to it - there doesn't seem to be too many shops that are open/have slots right now but maybe somebody will be okay with taking on a request? I figured it was worth a shot, anyways!

This will be my first pride month where I'm properly out and have a girlfriend so it's special to me. TBT is also special to me - it's a lovely community with so many lovely people and I'd love to celebrate my first pride month here as well!

That being said, posting this makes me extremely uneasy. If there are any artists who I've commissioned in the past reading this they'll likely know I always ask about same-gender couples through PM's and almost never publicly post requests for art of me and my girlfriend - and even then if I have posted a public request I've still PM'd the artist in advance to make sure my request is okay. For the most part everybody on TBT is really lovely but I am always nervous that somebody will get upset or disgusted by me posting about or requesting art of me and my girlfriend. For that reason I am not going to go into details about what I want here on this thread, but I would prefer to PM about the details because that makes me feel a little more at ease.

My main priority is a signature with me and my girlfriend and then maybe an avi with my rep holding a little pride flag but that takes a back seat to the signature. I will leave the commission price up to the artists! I'm not rolling in bells at the moment but I will happily put the art on pause and take the time to earn more bells if need be.

Thank you so much. 💕

Dearest @-Lumi-
You sweet beautiful soul... do you know what's really intimidating? Trying to make art that is so deeply meaningful for someone. I've read this and wanted to raise my hand, but I also see some of the art giants have responded with emoji. I hope this year you feel cherished and that soon you won't have to be afraid or fret over someone being disgusted. Love is love! 💘

Dearest @-Lumi-
You sweet beautiful soul... do you know what's really intimidating? Trying to make art that is so deeply meaningful for someone. I've read this and wanted to raise my hand, but I also see some of the art giants have responded with emoji. I hope this year you feel cherished and that soon you won't have to be afraid or fret over someone being disgusted. Love is love! 💘

Oh my goodness you're so sweet. Genuinely I'm crying because I am the biggest baby and was honestly so worried about posting here. This reply is so lovely and it really means a lot to me that you took the time to reply 💕 I hope that you and your family are doing well! 💕

I've had some people react with hearts but only one PM! So now I'm nervous maybe I was unclear with my post? I'm not sure if the hearts mean they want me to PM them or if it's just them showing support for my thread!

Oh my goodness you're so sweet. Genuinely I'm crying because I am the biggest baby and was honestly so worried about posting here. This reply is so lovely and it really means a lot to me that you took the time to reply 💕 I hope that you and your family are doing well! 💕

I've had some people react with hearts but only one PM! So now I'm nervous maybe I was unclear with my post? I'm not sure if the hearts mean they want me to PM them or if it's just them showing support for my thread!

Ah! I’m so sorry. My art is not as good (I can’t make anything digital; I’m sorry). I was just giving your my support for the thread. I really wish I could help you, but my drawings leave much to be desired to tell you the truth and I think there are so many much more talented official artists here (i say official since I’m more of a casual right now).

Wouldn't it be cool if multiple artists pitched in and you could have a rotating sig? ^_^
Sending PM...

Ah! I’m so sorry. My art is not as good (I can’t make anything digital; I’m sorry). I was just giving your my support for the thread. I really wish I could help you, but my drawings leave much to be desired to tell you the truth and I think there are so many much more talented official artists here (i say official since I’m more of a casual right now).

Oh my goodness, no worries at all! Honestly getting all the reactions was really sweet to see and it made me feel a little more at ease about posting the thread here. I definitely don't mind at all 💕
Post automatically merged:

Wouldn't it be cool if multiple artists pitched in and you could have a rotating sig? ^_^
Sending PM...

Oh you're far too sweet! That would be really neat - I love how you avatar is a rotation of all the lovely art you've received! It makes me smile every time I see it 🥰

Ooh I wasn't sure if I should reply to this, but I'm gonna anyways

My commissions are currently closed, but in the spirit of pride month I'm willing to try to do the island rep icon as a free request if you're interested! it'd be in the same sort of style as my icon.

Again, I'm not comfortable accepting payment because I'm not sure I'll have the time to actually follow through, but I figured I'd offer anyway.

Also, I just wanted to say that you don't (or shouldn't) have to be ashamed of asking for LGBT art! I'm sure most people here are accepting and some artists on here (such as myself lol) are LGBT themselves

I'm one who heart eyed your post so I just wanted to post in here to say that I'm sorry you're feeling ashamed of posting a request for LGBT+ art! You really shouldn't! I wish I could draw to give you as a gift but alas I can't draw. Sorry!
That said, I've requested art of two guys in "loving" poses and none of the artists I have commissioned from batted an eye! Not to say there won't be rude people out there but there are many kind hearted people (especially here!) that support it. Please don't be ashamed to request!!

Ooh I wasn't sure if I should reply to this, but I'm gonna anyways

My commissions are currently closed, but in the spirit of pride month I'm willing to try to do the island rep icon as a free request if you're interested! it'd be in the same sort of style as my icon.

Again, I'm not comfortable accepting payment because I'm not sure I'll have the time to actually follow through, but I figured I'd offer anyway.

Also, I just wanted to say that you don't (or shouldn't) have to be ashamed of asking for LGBT art! I'm sure most people here are accepting and some artists on here (such as myself lol) are LGBT themselves

I'm sorry for seeing this so late! Ended up having an (extra) early night yesterday. I got my vaccine and I was doing pretty good with it ... until I wasn't. 😅

This is so kind of you, oh my goodness. 💕 Even if life gets in the way and you can't finish it the fact you're offering is so sweet and I really do appreciate it. Everybody in this thread has been so kind and it means a lot to me. I've never had any artists reject me when I ask for art of me & my girlfriend (or even be mean! Everybody has always been so sweet) but I've seen other blips around the site that make me feel a little uneasy about openly asking.

Thank you so much and thank you to @Corrie for your kind words as well! 💕

Back