• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Can someone explain something to me?

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I don't have New Leaf yet as i am waiting for the release next year, but I'm confused about the 'Friendship' thing. How does it work?
Apparently there's a 'Best Friend' Section? Something about a chat long distance- I DON'T KNOW.

I'M CLUELESS, I KNOW! THAT'S ALL I KNOW.

Oh please, someone explain something to me :c

pretty much if you register someone as a best friend ( you can have upto 32) you can also talk to them when theyre not in your town,and it will tell you when youre both online. its also helpful for people who share a console/game and dont want random people coming to their town make sense i donno

I don't know a thing about it either, but from Jake's explanation it sounds pretty nice.
Sort of like an in-game chat for your closest friends as an easier way to see if they want to play.

Hold on, so setting someone as your best friend gives them access to make changes to your town?

What sort of changes?

Huh. That's pretty good too.

So hopefully people will be a little smarter about who they add to their best friends list.

Lol yeah now I won't be worried about inviiting other people to my town. Wait can they shake your trees if they're not your best friends?

I don't think that's true. I haven't heard anything about that, and I've been eating up news left and right. I'll try to get a follow up on this, because that's big new if so.

I'm really liking that you can have up to 32 best friends. It would be hard to limit it to just one, which is what I thought initially. Also...this is the first I'm hearing about only best friends being able to do things in your town. It would cut down on random acts of violence and damage when you let strangers into your town though...

Right, but wifi will be required for this?
If so then I can only pray that someone that lives near me will have this game haha.

No wifi at my house :(

I don't think that's true. I haven't heard anything about that, and I've been eating up news left and right. I'll try to get a follow up on this, because that's big new if so.

Yeah, same. Haven't heard a thing about that feature although it'd be cool if it does exist.

Best friends are also the only ones who can modify your town

Nope. I have tested this, I can steal flowers from anyone.

source: Me and my girl are playing this. We're not best friends in game. Tested both online and local. She was pissed when I killed her pine trees xD

I think its lol because best friends feature to me is more appropriate for players that are harder to get hold of (eg the obscure people on the internet that you want to be able to contact in game to check turnip prices etc), and best friends are typically the easiest to get hold of so less requirement of adding them.

Only you have the exclusive best friend only internet town opening thing to prevent anyone that you have on your friends list that you don't actually want to join (which, I wonder why you have them on friends list in the first place if this is the case)

Back