• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone

nintendofan85

Good grief.
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
7144-2399-2801
Green Candy
Red Candy
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Ancient Candle
Pumpkin Cupcake
Voodoo Doll
I'm not from Seattle and have never been there (the farthest west I've been is Montana), but what are your thoughts on it? What do you think will come out of this "autonomous zone" within the city? What could happen in the future?

I posted something like this in the "Unpopular Opinions" thread so so here's a direct quote about what I think about the whole matter

After kinda seeing the "Capital Hill Automated Zone" in Seattle, I'm now being a little skeptical. I feel like some people are starting to treat this whole movement or protest as a game. I feel like I've been seeing some white anarchists/communists that are kinda taking advantage of this whole situation to live out their anarcho-commie territory fantasy as if it were a Fallout game by Bethesda. Rather than actually caring about BLM and ending systematic racism, they are only there for the thrill of violence or action.

People need to understand this is reality and that this isn't a video game where you can do anything and get away with it. Black people are already having to face the repercussions from all the looting that happened earlier this month. This movement is about defunding police to allow more money into public community services, not LARP as Fallout characters. Do that online lmao.

Also, I could be very wrong, but I highly CHAZ is going to last very long. And even so, it's probably going to be a some joke territory like the Republic of Molossia.

Interestingly enough, I was planning on moving to Seattle after college to work for Boeing, so I wonder what Seattle will be like in the following years. I'm hoping it simmers down maybe after 5 years after I'm done with college lol.

However, a few days have past now since I made the statement and so far, nothing really extreme or awful has happened yet. I've been keeping up on it and so far it seems peaceful and serves as a public community center, so that's great.

Back