• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Catching bees

Valerie

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Cake
Yellow Candy
October Birthstone (Opal)
Pear (Fruit)
Cake
Here's a quick vid about catching bees. I know bees are suppose to be considered bad luck, but they are so easy to catch in this game that I think they are a windfall!

There seem to be at least 5 bee hives a day for a grand total of 15,000 bells! Plus, by shaking trees you also get bells and the occasional piece of furniture.

Catching bees is one of my favorite daily chores to do around town.

I didn't put it in the video but the reason why running north is the best is because when you arm the net, you always end up facing south. If you run south, east or west you have to turn before swinging the net and the timing is a bit harder that way.

Happy hunting!

Edit: I miss spoke a few times in the video so
Correction: After the bee hive falls my steps are:
1. Run north 6-8 paces or until the beehive is no longer in frame
2. Press the Y button to pull up the menu
3. Arm the net
4. Press the B button to exit the menu
5. Immediately press and hold the A button until the bees appear on screen then release the A button to catch

Last edited:
So, I can't get the video to load because I'm on my phone. Can you explain the difficulty of catching bees in this game compared to previous? Is it the same, is it harder, or easier?

I love shaking trees. One of my favorite activities because you get a load of random stuff.

I watched the one with the directors doing it. I don't remember him being north. But I do remember, @Oath2Order about one of the directors saying catching bees are easier this time around since they fly (twist in their drop location) for a few seconds before they come after you

Oh my gosh. That is SO much easier now. ;-; Bees have been my most loathed of enemies in Animal Crossing. In the gamecube version I literally only just caught one for the first time last fast. |:

WHO'S LAUGHING NOW YOU STINGY DEVILS?!

I watched the one with the directors doing it. I don't remember him being north. But I do remember, @Oath2Order about one of the directors saying catching bees are easier this time around since they fly (twist in their drop location) for a few seconds before they come after you

I WILL HAVE A FORTUNE

By north I mean the direction to run. You can, of course, run others directions and there are other methods of catching bees than the one I use- like the run and make a sudden turn then equip the net.

But I find my way the easiest. What I do is run far enough for the bees to be off screen. North is just my go to direction as I find it to be the easiest timing wise. In general, I only get about 1 bee sting a week, and never from running north, south is what usually does me in.

Nice. I've never been able to catch any bees in the AC series, so this is definitely something to anticipate.
Thanks for the video and tips. :)

OMG! I am going to make an entire ROOM of my home out of piles and piles of bees. NOW WHAT, you lumpy-eye-making jerks?!?

I'm just going to donate one and sell all of mine.

May you rot in someone's insect collection for all eternity you pointy-butted creatures of misfortune! I will no longer fear shaking trees! I will boldly go around my town and become rich off of tree change! Ha ha! MUHAHAHA! I am Mayor Berri! NOTHING WILL STAND IN MY WAY.

This is gonna sound creepy but if that's you in the video, you have a very nice and relaxing voice. Sorry..

On topic, that is much easier then in previous versions.

I'm glad it is so much easier in new leaf as i found it almost impossibe to catch bees in the other animal crossings

I found it a bit tricky at first as my analogue skills are not so good, it helps if you hold the A button so you can aim and see where they're coming from. It's also a good idea to check that the net is the first item that you'll select. It is much easier than the first game on the GC.

Also the honeycombs that drop can be sold as well for 500 bells.

I kind of like that they drop the honeycomb now. I always found it so weird that it just poofed into nothing after the bees flew out.

Bees were worth the trouble of catching in the previous games, they sold for 5000 bells each!

Not sure how much they are worth in NL.

Bees were worth the trouble of catching in the previous games, they sold for 5000 bells each!

Not sure how much they are worth in NL.
Looking at my guide, the bee, or "hachi" is sold for 2,500. Not 5,000 but its still worth something ^^

Back