• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Catchphrase ideas?

brooklyn9

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Orange (Fruit)
Cake
Sorry for posting ridiculously, but limberg just came up to me and asked me to change his catchphrase..
I am completely out of ideas, so does anyone have any?:)

I use stuff from pop-culture or something that works with their look/personality. It's getting hard to think of new ones I know. Sometimes I just keep it the same.

I like the following:

my lord
I think
no? Yes
says you
ma'am
villain
girlfriend
you know

grump (great for cranky villagers)
squankee (it was a reference to Winnie the Pooh)
squee (great for peppy villagers)
girlfriend (Fuchsia's default, I liked it)
Fwuyah (weird fancy way of saying "fire" I use it on Pheobe)
sassafras (also good for peppy villagers, however I use it on Kid Cat)

i made my peppy villagers say "you jerk" and "you prick", i thought it was funny :3

My Eunice says "Brace Face"

I made Angus say "beef" and my sporty villagers say things along the lines of "bro, broskie, brozinsky, bronado" etc.

I once made Graham say "I love you"
Worst idea ever invented, considering he is a smug as well.

I once made Graham say "I love you"
Worst idea ever invented, considering he is a smug as well.

I made Graham say "Shoom" since he likes saying it when he dances. Otherwise, I just keep them as their default because they act like you've changed it even if you haven't. Except Mallary. Her default is "quackpth" which sounds ridiculous so I changed it to "quack". I have Cesar moving in tomorrow, I feel I should make his relate to Planet of the Apes.

I don't have any particular catchphrases, but I did make Colton say "Heigh" for his greeting... wah wah

I think "honey boo" is funny :D Sometimes I change them to sweetie, sweets, honey, babe... What else... It's hard to come up with good ones!! :) Honey boo is my favorite so far, though. It's funny when they ask me, "What's up, honey boo??" Well, it is to me, anyway. :D

I use words that pop in my head at the time however for the Smugs I tend to give them catch phrases such as "ma lady", "Old girl", "mum" and then imagine they are using or 'putting on' a posh accent. LOL.

Haha, lilly, I love that for the smug villagers! I'm so using that with Curlos next time he asks!

grump (great for cranky villagers)
squankee (it was a reference to Winnie the Pooh)
squee (great for peppy villagers)
girlfriend (Fuchsia's default, I liked it)
Fwuyah (weird fancy way of saying "fire" I use it on Pheobe)
sassafras (also good for peppy villagers, however I use it on Kid Cat)

OMG sassafras fabulous.

As a joke, I made Cobb say "gearzy." It spread to Velma, who to this day still uses it and hasn't asked me to change it yet. Thus, I've determined she's not allowed to. I've had my smugs and jocks say "broseph" and "dudebro", and right now Colton (and Julian once I obtain him) says "gorgeous."

Something to go with their appearance/personality works well, though.

Back