• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Changes: how likely are they gonna happen?

Alolan_Apples

Mollycord’s Exile
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
I have found another thing to point out that's blog-worthy. It's all about changes, what are very likely to take effect and what are very unlikely to change. But I'm gonna look on the extreme scale, covering everything we can do that are likely or unlikely to change. You may think that your opinions or decisions are set in stone in one thing, but it's not the least likely to change. You can still be rigid on them, but there are even some decisions that are set deeper into stone.

What's always changing:

All of these things change over time, but some things won't stop changing. You may keep changing your decision without making your mind, but even those decisions are more static than this. Here are the the stuff that are constantly changing.

• Time - the most likely to change is even uncontrollable. Every second that passes, time changes, whether if it's as insignificant as a millisecond or as major as a century. Along with time includes time of the day, time of the year, and the time of the week.
  • Your actions, words, and state of being - another thing that always changes are what you do, what you say, and what mood you are in. If you never changed at all, people would think you're doing or saying the same thing the whole time. You may not realize it, but everything you do or everything you say is a change, including change in behavior or feelings.
  • Nature - let's forget about Climate Change. If the first two are true, then this changes constantly as well. A movement is a change in the Earth's surface, including crickets hopping, clouds shifting, and animals roaring. They are just minor changes to the Earth's surface. The weather counts as a change. You can see temperatures swinging from hot to cold, winds changing in speed and direction, and precipitation.
What will never change:

On the opposite extreme, there are some things that are set in stone that chances of seeing a change will not happen. I'm not talking about plate tectonics, changes in human morphism, or the process. I'm talking decisions that we are locked on. There's a lot of things that won't change, but here are the three, in my opinion, that are the least likely to change.

• Adjustment of the Prime Meridian - it would be better if we placed it through New York City or Washington DC rather than Greenwich (which could put part of Florida and the westernmost shores of South America), but by doing that, you can totally screw something up. We have been used to the time zones and the time cycles for so long that even moving the Prime Meridian and International Date Line to different locations can be catastrophic. If that happened, the US would be partially split on the Western and Eastern Hemispheres, the International Date Line could go through Russia and India, and Africa (the only continent to be on all four hemispheres) will be wholly within the Eastern Hemisphere. But here's the problem. If we did that, some days in the world will be destroyed. Like entire dates would be skipped, shortened, or lengthened. Let's say that the change happens on January 3rd of 2017. If the change officially took place at midnight after the 2nd, then whenever it's 12 PM on that date at that time, it would be January 4th, yet some places on the Earth is still on January 2nd.
  • Changes in the calendar - after the 16th Century, we were stuck with a calendar we use everyday. If we change it at all, everything will be screwed up. This includes adding or subtracting a weekday, rearranging the months, dropping February 29th from the calendar permanently, or even deciding that all 12 months have 30 days. This is one thing that we have been set in stone in, and it will never change within our lifetimes.
  • Scientific Laws - no matter what the conditions are, nature will always obey the laws of science. Wanna change Newton's 1st Law of Physics? Sorry, not gonna happen. It's impossible.

If there's anything you agree or disagree on, please comment. I would like to see your opinions about what you think changes the most or changes the least.

Back