Clothing 'style', 'theme', and other related questions...

kjetta

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
4240-8646-2909
Can someone help me understand the mechanics behind clothing styles and themes? I never paid too much attention in previous instalments of Animal Crossing, however I have become obsessed with collecting clothes this time around!

I understand that villagers have two 'styles' that they prefer (e.g. Agnes likes 'Elegant' and 'Simple' clothing), however when I try to see what 'style' a clothing item has to see if it would be an ideal gift (and more importantly something I would be happy seeing her in!) I can only find 'themes' for each clothing which do not align with the style options (e.g. 'Acid-Washed Jacket' which is purported to be an ideal gift for Agnes is 'Everyday' and 'Outdoorsy'). Do certain styles align with certain themes? Or do each clothing item have a theme and style? Or are they entirely unrelated?

I hope someone cal help me understand, because it is boggling my mind.

I use this tool to help me find the right clothes to give the villagers so I don't have to stress over it. Haha.

Under "Tools", choose "Villager Gifts" and simply type in the villager's name. It also has an option to list all the available clothes that matches the specific villager.

They both have the "Rock'n'Roll" fashion theme, but I'm not sure whether that plays into New Horizons or not.

Checking Nookipedia, it seems like the Acid Washed Jacket is also counted as simple. It's difficult to find the complete data for that yet.

I use this tool to help me find the right clothes to give the villagers so I don't have to stress over it. Haha.

Under "Tools", choose "Villager Gifts" and simply type in the villager's name. It also has an option to list all the available clothes that matches the specific villager.

Thanks Rosch, I found it literally moments after posting the thread! It's made it so much easier for finding gifts and dressing up my villagers. Thank you!

They both have the "Rock'n'Roll" fashion theme, but I'm not sure whether that plays into New Horizons or not.

Checking Nookipedia, it seems like the Acid Washed Jacket is also counted as simple. It's difficult to find the complete data for that yet.

Thanks Romaki! Yeah, I imagine they're still gathering data for the game to make something as fleshed out as New Leaf articles!

Back