• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Club Tortimer warning

Rue

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Cake
I just got grouped with a guy named Nindori of Sumware (Canada).

He hacked down all the trees when I wasnt in view after I told him I was bug hunting, and then talked to Leilani so I couldn't leave. I had to click my wifi switch.

Rude :mad:

I'm sorry about that. :( Its a shame people can be so rude on a game that is meant to be fun and lighthearted. Thanks for the warning though!

I suppose it's bound to happen. It's a shame that morons who think they know how to "internet" are allowed to buy Animal Crossing games. :p

I'd advise against using the feature in all honesty. I expect this kind of thing is bound to happen, sadly. >_>

Uhmm... Club Tortimer island is separate from your own island...?

But yeah I also had someone talk to Leilani and sit there so I couldn't leave. -_- Had to reset so Resetti came to visit... Oh well, at least I have the Reset Center available now. :p

I don't usually go on Club Tortimer anyways anymore because people are stupid. International is cool, except you can barely talk to the people, if at all. National is better except for me, they always leave as soon as I join... (Do I stink or something? :( ) or, they don't talk at all, are boring, then go off on a tour by themselves while I am outside fishing. I also get an error after 20 minutes of playing Club Tortimer anyway for no reason. I literally sit 10 feet away from the router and there is no wall in between us either. Happens also if I open my gate and leave it open for people to visit, although it works perfectly normal if I have visitors... It's really annoying.

Uhmm... Club Tortimer island is separate from your own island...?

But yeah I also had someone talk to Leilani and sit there so I couldn't leave. -_- Had to reset so Resetti came to visit... Oh well, at least I have the Reset Center available now. :p

I don't usually go on Club Tortimer anyways anymore because people are stupid. International is cool, except you can barely talk to the people, if at all. National is better except for me, they always leave as soon as I join... (Do I stink or something? :( ) or, they don't talk at all, are boring, then go off on a tour by themselves while I am outside fishing. I also get an error after 20 minutes of playing Club Tortimer anyway for no reason. I literally sit 10 feet away from the router and there is no wall in between us either. Happens also if I open my gate and leave it open for people to visit, although it works perfectly normal if I have visitors... It's really annoying.

You don't have to reset, just flip the wi-fi switch. It'll take you back home!

I've met a few Japanese players that have done that too. :c And I've had players follow me around to scare away anything I tried to catch.

It's not fun, but there's also a lot of amazing people there too.

What a jerk. :/

Animal Crossing is a feel-good game, it's a shame idiots try to ruin things for others.

That's rude! D: Thanks for the warning...I will mostly be on the game with my sisters, but for a while now I've been thinking about allowing people on this site to join my town. Normally I'd let people in, because I know all of you are nice, but it's hard for me to trust some people on the Internet. :(
Thanks for letting us know! I'm sorry and surprised that such a thing happened. I will make sure not to Wifi with anyone too suspicious...thanks~! XD

That's rude! D: Thanks for the warning...I will mostly be on the game with my sisters, but for a while now I've been thinking about allowing people on this site to join my town. Normally I'd let people in, because I know all of you are nice, but it's hard for me to trust some people on the Internet. :(
Thanks for letting us know! I'm sorry and surprised that such a thing happened. I will make sure not to Wifi with anyone too suspicious...thanks~! XD

i havent had to encounter that yet and i hope not too, i dont really like club tortimore i guess ill just be playing when im bored, however when i have visitors i have to prepare my town so to speak, i take all of my fruit off the trees and put them in re-tail, i have had many just take fruit and leave, no hi or anything -.-

What a scary thing. You'd think people wouldn't do things like that anymore, and would be respectful... I haven't gotten club Tortimer membership yet, because I keep spending my medals on other things, but maybe I shouldn't be too down that I've waited.

Besides the beetle hunting trick, and the merchandise randomizing each time, it's really not that different from being on your own island. Save your 50 medals unless you desperately want to finish an island furniture set.

I wish AC would come up with a way to protect your town. Like block tree cutting and you can only take stuff when the town owner gives you said item.... I am a club tortimer member but I haven't played online yet. Going to try today. Hopefully I find someone nice.

I've also been lucky when it comes to other players. Although if I encounter any of those types I can just end the multiplayer session via wifi kill switch. Hopefully BEFORE they do any real damage. No tree cutting for visitors would be magical xD

Um, did you guys know that the Club Tortimer island isn't your island? If people do that to the island trees, just leave and try again. It's a different island every time. c:

Is there any way to recover your island trees?

EDIT

I'm back with an answer to my own question! You can.

Just steal fruits and flowers from Tortimer's games, and use the free shovel.

Last edited:
Back