• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Club Tortimer

RisingSun

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
4398-9236-5304
Island
Moku Kukui
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
January Birthstone (Garnet)
October Birthstone (Opal)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Super Mailbox
Ok, so I just finished watching LinandKo's latest installment, and can I just say....

Club Tortimer is so cool.

It allows you to interact with other players without having friend codes with them. Love it.

What the heck is Club Tortimer? Now I gotta go watch this video that your talking about.

its always available on the island you can buy it for 40 or 50 medals (i think). when you ask about going to the island you will be given 2 choices: go by myself and play with others (online)
its basically just going to the island with other people not on your friends list
edit: i forgot to say when you buy it, it lasts forever

That's pretty cool. Maybe this is a sign of Nintendo getting rid of their "ONLINE SHOULD ONLY BE WITH PEOPLE YOU KNOW" thing.

That's really good! Because I know very few people who play. LOL Can someone please post a link to the video? I don't typically watch them, so I don't know where to find them, but I'd like to see this one. :)

I go to Club Tortimer during the day (for me), which is night time in Japan, and all of the rare bugs are out and for that it's quite useful.
But it can be very frustrating at times when you go to the island and keep getting island hoppers (people who are looking for rare items or the exclusive items club tortimer has) making you miss bugs and fish or you get stuck between multiple save screens.

For those who plan to use this feature once the English version is out, put your fish/bugs into your box frequently! You will encounter people with bad internet connections.

Last edited:
I guess that's one of the things that sucks about it.
I wouldn't be bug hunting online though, why not just do it while you're on the island alone with no one to bother you and steal your bugs and fish?
I'm excited that you can make friends and possible exchange friend codes via the chat.

I guess that's one of the things that sucks about it.
I wouldn't be bug hunting online though, why not just do it while you're on the island alone with no one to bother you and steal your bugs and fish?
I'm excited that you can make friends and possible exchange friend codes via the chat.

Because it's daytime on my island and those bugs aren't out yet. :) The issue isn't them "stealing" the bugs or fish, it's getting stuck in multiple saving screens because other people come to the island, don't see an item they want, and leave immediately.
I also made a Japanese friend through Club Tortimer, although we can't understand each other too well. ^^;

Lin and Ko said something about it being nightime in the game, but daytime in Japan. I bet it has something to do with who gets to the island first.

I agree, it looks awesome. I'm assuming that you can still play the island minigames with others, right?

In LinandKo's video they could choose to play with Japanese players only, or the rest of the world. I'm assuming that will be a feature for other localizations. I can see this making it easier to connect with players with different localizations (and thus holidays) to swap holiday items.

In LinandKo's video they could choose to play with Japanese players only, or the rest of the world. I'm assuming that will be a feature for other localizations. I can see this making it easier to connect with players with different localizations (and thus holidays) to swap holiday items.

That would be great!

When I get this game, I will use this feature all the time! I think it is so cool, it is the island and online multiplayer in one. You can find cool people to hang out with, maybe even more people to swap codes with. This feature is going to be so important to me bacause I don't know anyone in my area who has this game to play with... So yeah it will be cool :)

Back