• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

comic maybe?

Sporge27

Retired Staff
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
November Birthstone (Topaz)
Cake
Red Candy
Ok to start I have been mulling over trying to make a webcomic.... this is the guy I think I want as the main character in it, I have him drawn out better on paper, but this is my first try at making him on gimp, what do you guys think? Do I have any potential at making this work out?
Sporgetest.png

Now this i made a while ago but it was to be the first background for the first panel, clearly you all know what it is I hope but again just wanted to see what you guys think, I made both of these from nothing in gimp so I think it looks pretty good ;p

comic1panel1.png

You should make it where this guy goes into all these different video game worlds, etc. =o

But yah, it's good =p

Is there any sort of online web-comic maker? I've been looking all over for one...

:(

It looks good so far. It'd be tough for me to do all that in Gimp. >.<

I think I can make it a lot better too if I take my time... hmmm...

Next I will need to try to make the sidekicks.... I want it to be a funny comic though not really like an action one with some kind of plot..... Probably going to end up being one with them mostly in an apartment but depending on who is plying the game will change the person in the comic....

Not so certain that the donkey kong idea of mine was too good anyway...
Gonna probably start with more current things.

comicroom.png

Well here is a room I made, I started to try to add in a person but I can't get him to look right... this could take some time...

Adobe Illiststrator is the 133 for Webcomicness.
And you look like you're trying too hard. Start in black iand white, and focus ore on quality and story control than coloring each individual panel. Lot's of comics do it this way: Garfield, Foxtrot, and Peanuts were all colored over after the original comics.

I actually did start with black and white on the face... but the background is not to have black lines bordering everything and felt it would be fine, here is what I got now it is a character kinda based off me :p... I will look into this program though...

:p

comic1.png

That looks pretty awesome, Sporge. How long did that take to do?

@DF: How much is Adobe Illustrator?

look, I DON'T HAVE A SCANNER... I would love to and have made drawings first... but I don't have a scanner....

Cool. =o

He looks like he could fight crime with his hands tied behind his back! POW!

STORMCOMMANDER said:
Cool. =o

Actually I just had trouble drawing the hands...

I think I need to work on the hair though

hmmm I will need to work on this, i think I made the hair better by just moving it down....

Once I get several models and mouths and eyes, I should be able to make comics pretty easy... :lol:

Sporge27 said:
STORMCOMMANDER said:
Cool. =o

Actually I just had trouble drawing the hands...

I think I need to work on the hair though
He doesn't need them since he can fight crime without them =D

Meh I agree with DF. It looks a little too... real. (Maybe you should get rid of some brown. :gyroidtongue: )

Ignoring that not half bad.

OddCrazyMe said:
Meh I agree with DF. It looks a little too... real. (Maybe you should get rid of some brown. :gyroidtongue: )

Ignoring that not half bad.
a de-browning you say... hmmm..... but real is good! I can work with that

I think I got a better style for tyhe eyes going now, I will get something up showing it.

I really like the ideas I am having for this though, just don't want to give away details yet. However I get to make a project in my psyche class usin gthese characters I want to use, that should give time to improve on them more

yay for integrating what I want to do in my freeetime into a school project!

Back