• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Community Project: Villager Personalities and DIY Recipes

shayminskyforme88

Back Home in Hoenn
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Switch
8085-5358-1801
Island
Winterwood
Isabelle
Waluigi Easter Egg
Green Balloon
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
う
ど
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Yoshi Easter Egg
One thing I seem to notice is how certain craftable items are given by villagers of a particular personality type. To test this theory, I tried to search "[DIY Recipe] crafting site:www.belltreeforums.com" to check. And from initial checks, it does seem like it would be the case that DIY Recipes are locked to personalities. From @Lady Sugarsaurus Idea, we would like to work on this as a project with goals to identify for sure if DIYs are indeed locked to personality types or not and if they are, to be able to come up with a comprehensive list of which personality will craft particular DIYs.

If you would like to contribute, please answer the following form if you see your villager crafting something or if someone opens up their island to claim a DIY recipe from a particular villager.

This would be the raw data spreadsheet which would be analyzed:

Thank you for your interest and feel free to post if you have any suggestions.

I have the companion guide and yes, many DIY recipes are only given by certain villager types. It tells you which recipes are given by which personality types. For example, the Ironwood Set is split between smug, snooty and cranky villagers only.

I have the companion guide and yes, many DIY recipes are only given by certain villager types. It tells you which recipes are given by which personality types. For example, the Ironwood Set is split between smug, snooty and cranky villagers only.
That's good. Thanks for your input. Does the guide go into specifics about which items in the Ironwood Set comes from which personality?

Yes. The bed, cart, chair and clock are given by smug villagers; the cupboard, dresser and low table are snooty villagers whilst the workbench and table are given by cranky villagers.

"Sometimes when you're roaming the beach, you might find a bottle that has washed ashore. After picking it up, access this bottle via your inventory and open it up- you'll find a note inside from a potential resident who might eventually move to your island. Most importantly, the note will come with a useful DIY recipe. Score! The bottle will appear at a rate of roughly one per day, but sadly the recipes they contain can't be seasonal ones."

This has already been done, here is the information.

I exported it from

This has already been done, here is the information.

I exported it from
Cool, thanks so much.

you can use the dat I recollected from amiibo requests that seem to match the personalities and what they craft

Back