• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Confused about how trading villagers works...

Kammeh

We'll be counting stars
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Dusty Scroll
Ancient Lantern
Let's say I just sold my villager Gigi to another person in the forums.
How would I get Gigi to move to that person's town?

And I'm also confused as to when exactly you should post a forum saying you want to get rid of a certain villager.
Do you post the forum the day the villager is moving?
Do you post the forum even if the villager hasn't mentioned moving?
If the villager hasn't mentioned moving, how do you get them to leave?

So, say I have a villager you want and you came over the day that villager was packed up and "in boxes". You'll know they're "in boxes" because inside their house, there are boxes everywhere.

Anyways, you come over, and visit that villager. During the conversation, you ask the villager to move to your town. At that point, the deed is done.

If the town mayor visits that villagers house, they get a "moved out" message. The next day, the house is gone from that town, and the move in process begins for your town.

Best to post when your villager is ready to go or "in boxes".

I would only post on forums if the villager has stated "I'm moving on this day xx/xx" then post to see if anyone wants him on that day. OR you could TT to the date, and make sure sure the villager is in boxes.

Once they in are boxes, get your buyer ready! If you selling them, make sure the buyer drops their bells first!

You'll also know they're in boxes because as you load up the game, Isabelle will remind you that "one of our residents "x" is moving out tomorrow, it might be a good idea to go say goodbye" .. or something like that.

Technically you can post a thread any time, especially if you time travel to their move-out boxing day. I guess other people would tell you the best time to post would be 24 hours before they're move-out boxing day though. I think it would be better to make a thread after they have notified you to move, so you aren't in a rush to complete the time travel trick all in a couple of hours.

As for ways to get them to leave .. there are two methods I know: the time travel trick and the ignore trick.

The time travel trick consists of time travelling two days head and two days back (in one shot, not day-by-day). Once you go back two days, walk around and find your villagers. Usually one would alert you / "ping" and tell you they're thinking about moving out.

The ignore trick consists of simply introducing yourself to them (after they move in and they are still unpacking in their houses) and then never speaking to them ever again for about a week or so. They should alert you they they're planning on moving out.

Honestly I hope there's a thread out there someone can link you to. xD There's a lot more details that go into the first time travel trick.

Back