• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Connection Error?

aericell

☆ happinessdelight ☆
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
0843-8247-2701
Island
Elyxion
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Friday the 13th Candy
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
My sister and I have been trying to visit each other's islands but we constantly get errors when we try to do so. It's been happening for a while (I can't remember exactly when it started) but it did work in the beginning. Sometimes it would let me go to her island, but errored when she would try to come to mine, and sometimes it would be the other way. Now it won't let us connect at all.

The error code we've been getting is 2618-0006 which has to do with internet connection, but we have no trouble connecting with other players. We also get communication errors when playing locally and we're sitting right across from each other.

Was wondering if anyone else has also faced this issue

Have you tried turning off your switch(es)? Sometimes when I get internet connection errors I just turn it off and turning it back on and that sometimes helps. Local connection can be iffy, even if you're right next to the other person it disconnects, which is weird.

My sister and I tried to play locally at the beginning and it never worked properly so we had to switch to internet connection despite sitting 2 feet from each other. It could be a problem with your internet? Since you're both sharing an internet connection

Local is hit or miss. Internet has been much more reliable. Definitely try turning the switchs off and see if this clears up the error.

Have you tried turning off your switch(es)? Sometimes when I get internet connection errors I just turn it off and turning it back on and that sometimes helps. Local connection can be iffy, even if you're right next to the other person it disconnects, which is weird.
Local is hit or miss. Internet has been much more reliable. Definitely try turning the switchs off and see if this clears up the error.

Yeah we've been trying both local and internet for the past weeks so we would've been turning them on/off already :(

My sister and I tried to play locally at the beginning and it never worked properly so we had to switch to internet connection despite sitting 2 feet from each other. It could be a problem with your internet? Since you're both sharing an internet connection

I think that was it! We just tried connecting to different ones from each other (5G vs non5G) and so far it seems to be working. We'll see how long it lasts, but thank you!!

I think that was it! We just tried connecting to different ones from each other (5G vs non5G) and so far it seems to be working. We'll see how long it lasts, but thank you!!
No worries! We got frustrated and finally decided to pay for Nintendo Online because of it haha We've been trading the last 2 months solely with Internet and haven't looked back to local. Everything should be all good!

My sister and I have been trying to visit each other's islands but we constantly get errors when we try to do so. It's been happening for a while (I can't remember exactly when it started) but it did work in the beginning. Sometimes it would let me go to her island, but errored when she would try to come to mine, and sometimes it would be the other way. Now it won't let us connect at all.

The error code we've been getting is 2618-0006 which has to do with internet connection, but we have no trouble connecting with other players. We also get communication errors when playing locally and we're sitting right across from each other.

Was wondering if anyone else has also faced this issue

My sister and I have also been having trouble with local connections!! :0

We first noticed this in March when we tried playing pokemon sword/shield together (max raid battles) and could never "find each other," and now whenever we try to visit each others islands in animal crossing, the connection cuts off. we have tried everything from playing literally right next to each other, to playing in different rooms, but nothing works. We thought it was just us, so I'm glad I saw your comments. I'm going to research this more to see if it can be fixed. I feel like its a switch problem (not game problem) and was wondering what year you got your switch in (/which model). We got ours December 2018, which was right before the new model came out (the one with better battery life, etc).

We first noticed this in March when we tried playing pokemon sword/shield together (max raid battles) and could never "find each other," and now whenever we try to visit each others islands in animal crossing, the connection cuts off. we have tried everything from playing literally right next to each other, to playing in different rooms, but nothing works. We thought it was just us, so I'm glad I saw your comments. I'm going to research this more to see if it can be fixed. I feel like its a switch problem (not game problem) and was wondering what year you got your switch in (/which model). We got ours December 2018, which was right before the new model came out (the one with better battery life, etc).
That would actually be really interesting to see if different models were the case. Mine is the old one from 2018 and my sis's one is the new ACNH one. :O Def use the internet connection! I visit my sister's island everyday and if I was still using local, I would have probably abandoned trading all together

That would actually be really interesting to see if different models were the case. Mine is the old one from 2018 and my sis's one is the new ACNH one. :O Def use the internet connection! I visit my sister's island everyday and if I was still using local, I would have probably abandoned trading all together
yup we are using internet now! my sister was a little upset about having to pay for a membership tho because she isn't involved with online gaming communities like I am, and feels silly buying it just to connect with one person (me). im really interested now to see what model OP and their sister have!!

Couple friends experienced some NAT problems in the first month with the game. I had it happen to me once, too, but I wasn't a NAT error, it simply said I couldn't connect to the other player.

As AC and all the other Nintendo games rely on P2P connections, things like this are bound to happen. Even if both players have a good, stable connection, it can happen.

yup we are using internet now! my sister was a little upset about having to pay for a membership tho because she isn't involved with online gaming communities like I am, and feels silly buying it just to connect with one person (me). im really interested now to see what model OP and their sister have!!
Yeah I totally get that haha since my sis and I were pretty resistant to paying for nintendo online as well. But if you have a few friends who play, you could always do a family plan together and split the costs!

My sister has the same model as yours! I have the new AC edition one

Back