• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

constellations?

ThatACfan

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Cake
I don't know if this has been discussed before but I haven't noticed any constellations at all nor where to make them because Celeste was just standing there in the second level museum expansion and I didn't notice an observatory room. Do you think they took them out? Or maybe they just didn't show the room? What are your thoughts.

Never really bothered much with them in WW and CF. I think it was prominent in WW was because they were trying to push the whole online connectivity and how you can see constellations made by your friends in your town.

I'm totally not against them returning but I won't really miss them if they're gone.

At the same time, they were neat to watch.

Right now, it doesn't look like they will be in the game, there didn't seem to be anywhere in the museum the observatory could have been placed. I'm kinda upset they took them out (not super upset irdc but i did like them) but yeah, unless there in another place, right now it doesn't look like they will be in the game

I hope they took them out, they were ugly and I never liked them.

lol yes.

Looks like they took them out, which really isn't that big of a deal. The new stars themselves look wayyyyyy better than the little white stars.

99% sure they're gone. In all of the screenshots and videos released so far I have yet to see them anywhere in the sky. You might be thinking "Oh well Justin they were on the other screen in the DS game that's why we haven't seen them!" Well, think about it. Because of the top screen being in 3D and wider, the game uses the top screen as the primary screen now instead of the bottom screen.

So that means the sky where the stars and constellations would show up on would be below the rest of the game now. That wouldn't seem right. So I'm gonna assume they're gone now.

In this screenshot you can see the stars and everything in the sky without any constellations:

GFsXu.png

Last edited:
99% sure they're gone. In all of the screenshots and videos released so far I have yet to see them anywhere in the sky. You might be thinking "Oh well Justin they were on the other screen in the DS game that's why we haven't seen them!" Well, think about it. Because of the top screen being in 3D and wider, the game uses the top screen as the primary screen now instead of the bottom screen.

So that means the sky where the stars and constellations would show up on would be below the rest of the game now. That wouldn't seem right. So I'm gonna assume they're gone now.

In this screenshot you can see the stars and everything in the sky without any constellations:

GFsXu.png

op never even noticed this. Yeah, looking at that now i'm almost 100% sure they're gone.

It doesn't bother me that constellations are most likely not returning. I always hated when my town picked up an ugly one from somebody, and before I knew it, my sky looked like a big mess of lines...
I'm absolutely loving the stars in this game! They actually twinkle and are all different sizes; looks much more realistic!

It doesn't bother me that constellations are most likely not returning. I always hated when my town picked up an ugly one from somebody, and before I knew it, my sky looked like a big mess of lines...
I'm absolutely loving the stars in this game! They actually twinkle and are all different sizes; looks much more realistic!

I agree completely! I think the constellations looked naff, and I never actually bothered to make any in CF.

GFsXu.png

Ahh yeah I didn't notice that it doesn't look like you could even make them because the stars aren't just points in the sky now but I do like these new stars better.

I never paid attention to the constellations. I tried making one a few times... They were a mess. So I gave up on it. I kind of hope they're gone. Get rid of constellations, make room for new, useful things in the museum. Sounds like a good trade to me.

I'm actually glad if they removed that feature, 'cause I personally never bothered with constellations. The white lines looked ugly, and it was hard to make any nice constellations anyway since the start placement was pretty limited. Whenever I got a constellation I usually ended up deleting them from my sky anyway.

I'm glad they're (presumably) gone! They were ugly, and I always deleted the ones I got over WiFi. In WW and CF, I loved looking at the sky most of the time, even without the constellations.

I love the new stars, some are bright and some are dull, it looks much mor realistic then the bgi and small white blobs.

I'm going to miss not having the triforce hovering in the night sky, but I can live with it. I liked the feature, but it certainly isn't necessary. Plus, if this thread is anything to go by, the feature wasn't too popular anyways and it shows that Nintendo has been paying close attention to the fans.

Yeah, I have to agree with the majority of you. I really never liked the constellation feature. And I'd think that the depth of the new skies would be ruined by big, white bars floating between stars. It would probably make the 3D effect look a right mess since smaller stars most likely have the effect of looking further away than larger ones.

I wanted to make them in WW so bad, but when I could only connect like.. 6 or 7 points, I couldn't make any interesting ones. So I think I ended up with a cherry, and an "s" in the sky for about a week before I sprinted back to Celeste and begged her to undo the damage I'd done to the cosmos.

If you want to see realistic, maybe you should take a step outside at night. :p

Back