• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Contest ^-^ Ultimate Dream Town Tourney ~~Looking for Staff to work with...

in-a-pickle

likes apples
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Tasty Cake
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Pear (Fruit)
Cake
Cherry (Fruit)
Cake
Mailbox
Heya all. I recently though of a fun idea that will need a lot of support, but would be a fun contest and we'd be able to find a lot of awesome towns to draw inspiration from and also get people's work appreciated!

Basically, as everyone knows, there are some amazing dream towns that people have created and put a lot of work into. They're typically famous, because they spread on forums like these. However, there may be a shining un-appreciated gem among so many of these towns. The biggest job would be getting the word out there and hyping people up to make their towns awesome c:

Now, "awesome" is a pretty opinionated term, so a variety of judges would have to involved in this.
(edit: since it's a poll, judges would kinda be unnecessary)

Basically, this is how the contest would function:

-There are four categories. Fairy Tale, Zen (Japanese), Modern, or Miscellaneous. It's up to you to decide which category you think your town fits best when you enter. If your town is a combination of more than one, the Misc category would probably suit it the best. Also, another category may be added if more than enough submissions fit one theme (such as Horror towns).

-We would take entries for the contest for a week (or longer, depending on how many submissions would be entered). After the week, we would be begin "Round 1" of the Tourney. We would sort through the submissions and put them head to head. An example of the first board title would be something like, "Ultimate Dream Town Tourney- Round 1a- Zen Towns."

-After posting the board, the general public would visit both of the dream towns, and decide through a poll.
(Important: In order to make it as fair as possible, voters on the poll MUST visit both dream towns to make sure that you don't have a bias.)
After receiving votes for a TBA time period
(such as three days, this would occur as other Tourney Polls were happening though), the winning Dream Town would move on to Round 2.

It would look something like:
UDTT- Round 1a- Fairy Tale
UDTT- Round 1a- Modern
UDTT- Round 1a- Misc.
UDDT- Round 1b- Zen
UDDT- Round 1b- Fairy Tale...

And so on until every town entered has been accounted for. Since the number of towns gets smaller each round, the work isn't so hard. (Note: Since the towns are being repeated after Round 1, it would still be advisable to visit each town again, so as not to add bias).

Eventually, each category would come out with a winner. The final four towns would be voted on to declare the ultimate town.

Regarding prizes: Since this would be a HUGE project, we'd have to rally together to create a large prize or so, donors would probably help.

Finally, the three additional towns of each category would receive small prizes as well. (12 winning towns in all)

As for criteria on judging towns, that would be a joint decision, which brings me to a final point-

Staff: As in volunteers xD Not Bell Tree Staff (which, I hope this is OK, and receives approval). Since this is going to be tough, volunteers for the UDTT would post the contest boards, get people involved, and help make some decisions. To join, all you would to do is request, but that means actively participating. This would add your name to the Staff List. Also, if someone wants to take over from me, that would be fine, as it might be easier for someone with more experience to run it.

So, I could of typed this all up only for it get buried (hopefully not!!!) but since I'm currently riding solo, it'll be tough but cool if this could off the ground running. For now, I hope some people find this idea interesting c:

Staff List
FireNinja1
Sweetfire
Tsundere
TheCreeperHugz

-The Official Board of the UDTT-

Last edited:
Well, although interest doesn't seem to be picking up, It is late, so hopefully when the forum is more active will get some people excited. This a bump for the night!

Hopefully see future participants in the morning.

I can judge. I am not flexible though, but I'm normally open in the evening and before school. :)

I can judge. I am not flexible though, but I'm normally open in the evening and before school. :)

Oops, I edited the post guidelines. It's not judges that we need, but rather staff members to post boards. Would you like to be added to the list?

I can help with staffing, but I'm also busy in the day time so I can only be on in the evenings. University is quite demanding.

this looks cool as heck my town sucks too much to be in the contest but i would love to look at dream towns
though idk if i would be able to get on sometimes

Last edited:
tsundere has officially joined the staff!

UPDATE: We are looking for a total of six staff members (one for everyday of the week) plus me.

Sounds interesting ^ . ^ I will join once I fix my town a little. I'm still nowhere near done

I would gladly be a staff member :) I will be on pretty much constantly as soon and my new router arrives (should be some time tomorrow)

how about all of the staff put a link to this thread in their sig? that could draw attention to it

Sounds interesting ^ . ^ I will join once I fix my town a little. I'm still nowhere near done

Sounds good! And do you mean staff, or the contest? Either one if fine c:

- - - Post Merge - - -

I would gladly be a staff member :) I will be on pretty much constantly as soon and my new router arrives (should be some time tomorrow)

how about all of the staff put a link to this thread in their sig? that could draw attention to it

Great idea! I'll add you to the list. Once we receive enough members, we can start ideas.

UPDATE:
Staff members announcement:

To easier contact each other, I think it would be a good idea to start a group. However, I do not currently have enough funds, so maybe as a first staff "duty" we could all chip in to make the group?

Ah...off topic, but how do you make TBT bells? I could help if I knew the answer to that.

Back