• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Controlling new moves? (AC:NL)

Dizzie

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I had 2 perfect peach trees growing and a new villager plopped their house right on them. Is there any way to protect my trees?

I had 2 perfect peach trees growing and a new villager plopped their house right on them. Is there any way to protect my trees?

Hi, I have not tried this yet myself, but I have heard that if you place a design on the ground a villager can't put a house on top of it. So perhaps you could try surrounding your trees with a design? At least temporarily.

I'm hoping my trees are safe (I put them in a line 2 spaces behind my house, and I do not think that anyone will move that close to me), but I have started putting flowers that I want to keep near buildings like the town hall, ReTail, and any other building that is around. I have noticed that they do not put houses closer than about 4 spaces away, which gives my flowers a bit of protection.

I now have quite a few perfect oranges, and am worried about move ins too :p I want to make an orchard full of them, but I have villagers I still want to cycle out. The whole resetting with a new player trick is fairly nice, just a bit of a pain to do. I hope next game they do consider this type of thing more.

a house appeared in the middle of an intersection of path designs in my map. So its safe to say that does not work XD

Hi, I have not tried this yet myself, but I have heard that if you place a design on the ground a villager can't put a house on top of it. So perhaps you could try surrounding your trees with a design? At least temporarily.

Nope, this doesn't work. I have paths and new villagers put their houses over them all of the time.

Back