• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

"Controlling" where houses appear.

Haha, fair point!

I don't know that many of the villagers yet (only briefly played Wild World before) so I'm still quite open-minded about them. Still, if I really get to hate some of them in future I might be more inclined to use this trick! And like I said, I'm still planning to use it to stop villagers from trashing my town with their rubbish house placement!

Haha, so you probably haven't seen some of the more abhorrant villagers. And I've been playing AC for almost 9 years, I've developed a few grudges against certain characters, and there's a few others I have had in a town that refused to leave for years, so I'd rather not be stuck with them again.

Last edited:
Haha, so you probably haven't seen some of the more abhorrant villagers. And I've been playing AC for almost 9 years, I've developed a few grudges against certain characters, and there's a few others I have had in a town that refused to leave for years, so I'd rather not be stuck with them again.

Haha, no grudges as of yet, no. I can't even remember who I had in Wild World, so I'm kind of on a clean slate with most of them! :D

Thanks for all the info and the testing that's been done!

I've set myself a rule that I'll only use this if a villager moves into a spot that I really hate. Currently a villager I actually quite like has put his house in a really awkward place in my town, so I'm trying to get him to move out. Once he does I'll be using this to make sure that the next villager's house placement doesn't ruin my town.

I kinda feel like using this trick to choose your perfect villagers is a bit of a cheat - I'd prefer to be pleasantly surprised if one of my favourite villagers moves in, rather than being able to decide for myself. Still, each to their own!

I mainly did this to get my dream villagers so i can place down paths and decide where to put projects. It would be quite annoying to have to redo my paths everytime a villager moves out and a new one moves in. But seeing as now I have 6/9 of my dream villagers. I'm quite satisfied. :D

Last edited:
Merengue is packing up today and will be gone tomorrow. Can't wait to try this

Im having a bad problem with someone thats moving in last night i cleared an area by my house for a fountain logged in a few hours later to start the project and guess what someone moves in i said why couldent you place your house someware elce
i got a few pictures of what happened im afraid when they move in thell block the whole view of my house.

HNI_0019.JPGHNI_0021.JPG

Im having a bad problem with someone thats moving in last night i cleared an area by my house for a fountain logged in a few hours later to start the project and guess what someone moves in i said why couldent you place your house someware elce
i got a few pictures of what happened im afraid when they move in thell block the whole view of my house.

View attachment 6005View attachment 6006

Only option at this point is to hope they move out soon. :x I'd just ignore them...

Good thing its not one of those inoying neighbors if it was the clown sheep because i have 2 sheep in my town that would be baaaaddd

one thing is its a neighbor that was in all the games but wild wold i think his name was rizzo or something like that.

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, but it's also an idea to use cheaper projects (ex. those custom sign boards) as placeholders..

Well if you drop a texture or something that makes it no build cant build on a texture.

I've seen dream towns with villager houses perfectly aligned in 2 rows.
How does that work?

Well if you drop a texture or something that makes it no build cant build on a texture.

I'm pretty sure villagers will plonk their houses on top of your patterns. - hence the issue of people fearing for their paths.

I've seen dream towns with villager houses perfectly aligned in 2 rows.
How does that work?

I am guessing they used a ton of large projects to limit where they can move, and then reset for that perfect location as well. :/ Probably took a long time.

I have 9 villagers right now and today, convinced another to move in(will be my 10th).
If I try this everyday until the day she moves in will I be able to pick her home location?
It takes 2-3 days right?

Does choosing your villager work if you wi-fi?
Someone mention that if you wi-fi, someone from other towns might move in (even if you never talked to them).
I just had my 9th and 10th villager moved in from other towns.

To keep grass decay at a minimum, build your tent where the old villager used to live. If Applicable

EDIT: I am in the process of trying this villager method. I got no villager today. So i am at 8 villagers for the rest of today.

Will try again tomorrow

To keep grass decay at a minimum, build your tent where the old villager used to live. If Applicable

EDIT: I am in the process of trying this villager method. I got no villager today. So i am at 8 villagers for the rest of today.

Will try again tomorrow

That's good advice if the villager that moved out is in a good spot for a tent... but since it's permanent I think it's something that should require some thought. I'd hate to put my tent in a spot I later regret, since the only way to destroy it is to destroy your town... Grass regrows but the tent is forever.

To anyone who has tested / plays long enough to know: will the tenth villager always come from campsite? (Read further before answering...)

I had nine villagers. Vesta left, putting me down to eight. My ninth villager (Lolly the cat) is moving in from the campsite. Will my tenth villager also need to come in through the campsite? Or will they eventually just put down a new plot?

To anyone who has tested / plays long enough to know: will the tenth villager always come from campsite? (Read further before answering...)

I had nine villagers. Vesta left, putting me down to eight. My ninth villager (Lolly the cat) is moving in from the campsite. Will my tenth villager also need to come in through the campsite? Or will they eventually just put down a new plot?

edit: oops read it wrong, can't answer for you.
I would like to know the answer to this as well.

That's good advice if the villager that moved out is in a good spot for a tent... but since it's permanent I think it's something that should require some thought. I'd hate to put my tent in a spot I later regret, since the only way to destroy it is to destroy your town... Grass regrows but the tent is forever.

No, you can destroy it without destroying the town.

How else do you think this trick works?

While surfing the interwebs I found this neat trick .....
3a) If the location/expected neighbor is to your liking then save and delete the new character (if wanted).
-END of tutorial if this is your choice-

No, you can destroy it without destroying the town.

How else do you think this trick works?

I thought by tent you meant campsite, that's all. Since the campsite also has a tent when villagers visit in. I know how the trick works, it's how I got Willow and Whitney.

You can delete a non-mayor character without deleting the town. Otherwise what's written on the first post would never be possible?

Back