• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

"Controlling" where houses appear.

I time travel a lot, so I've had the chance to test this a few times.
I discovered this after I already had 9 villagers. By then a villager had also already moved out and been replaced with another one.

The first time that I tried it, I was only getting uchi villagers. I stuck with Fuchsia because I didn't like any of the uchi villagers and she seemed one of the less ugly ones.

The second time that I tried it, I was only getting snooty villagers. Diana is one of my favorite villagers so I of course went for her.

The third time that I tried it (yesterday) I wasn't getting any set personality or gender. I'd get a snooty female in one reset, a male in the other... basically it was very random. In the end, I lucked out and got Stitches who is one of my favorite villagers ever.

Don't know if I'll keep doing this if it is also random the next time that I try it. With a set personality, it is easier to get the villager that you want since the odds are in your favor. But with 300+ villagers, it is a little more difficult to get just who you want.

Today I was expected my 9th villager in Mugwump to move in. So, I did the new character trick twice, found no new house plot either time so I figured I wouldn't get anyone new today. Booted up my Mayor, walked thru town and discovered a new house plot. Luckily, it was Kiki, who I love, and her house is in a good spot........whew.

Today I was expected my 9th villager in Mugwump to move in. So, I did the new character trick twice, found no new house plot either time so I figured I wouldn't get anyone new today. Booted up my Mayor, walked thru town and discovered a new house plot. Luckily, it was Kiki, who I love, and her house is in a good spot........whew.

People have noticed when expecting a plot, yet getting no plots after a few resets that there's a chance one can pop up when you load your mayor. To prevent this save your new character.

How many villagers can you have altogether in houses in your town? 10 right? The 10th coming from the tent after convincing them to move in correct? If you do not talk to the villager in the tent then you'll always have 9 in your town right?

I want to be absolutely sure so I don't get anymore houses where I don't want them my booting up with my mayor everyday. I have nine villagers now, with a tent built but no one occupying it.

It's a very time consuming method and has it's risks. But, if there's a chance to change something that doesn't work in our favor, I think it's worth it.

It's not that time consuming at all. Takes like 5 min to set up a new character. Than when you find villager you want to stay it's only 5 minutes setting up the new guest's house and saving.

It's not that time consuming at all. Takes like 5 min to set up a new character. Than when you find villager you want to stay it's only 5 minutes setting up the new guest's house and saving.
It can be time consuming if you do it over and over and over... It took me like... a few hours to get Diana >.< But I think that it is worth it in the end.

Will it work with a character you already created but it's not your mayor?

I really want to create my 4th character but I keep not doing it because I am far from having all the villagers I want.

How many villager houses can you have in your town? I'd like to know so I can start playing normally again, (without having to start a new character and save to keep someone from moving in a bad spot).

Does anyone know if trading villagers is affected by this trick? I want to do a trade but I'm afraid that if I keep resetting that villager would just not move in.

People have noticed when expecting a plot, yet getting no plots after a few resets that there's a chance one can pop up when you load your mayor. To prevent this save your new character.

This. I was supposed to get my 9th villager yesterday but no plots showed up after a couple times so I saved on a new character and just went through the day. Same with this morning, I got a couple plots bad places but eventually found no more so just saved and went on Mayor.

How many villager houses can you have in your town? I'd like to know so I can start playing normally again, (without having to start a new character and save to keep someone from moving in a bad spot).

Does anyone know if trading villagers is affected by this trick? I want to do a trade but I'm afraid that if I keep resetting that villager would just not move in.
10 houses in total. 9 will move in on their own, the 10th is a camper that you've invited to stay :)

I've got like 6 villagers and my 6th (static) is unpacking today, will I get a fenced off area or is it tomorrow?? ^_^

^Fenced off area tomorrow, and unpacking day after :)

Moose my 9th villager unpacked today, and i knew Alfonso would be moving in (Campsite) so i reset and managed to get his plot in a good place :)

I've got like 6 villagers and my 6th (static) is unpacking today, will I get a fenced off area or is it tomorrow?? ^_^

It's not so cut and dry, there's just a chance that you'll get a 7th tomorrow (I'd say it's a good chance). But it's possible you'll get no one. If you get no one after 7 days then you'll get one for sure though (least that's what someone reported xD).

So If I'd been really smart, I'd have waited until I'd finished all of my other projects before building my campsite. *smacks forehead* Oh, well.

It's not so cut and dry, there's just a chance that you'll get a 7th tomorrow (I'd say it's a good chance). But it's possible you'll get no one. If you get no one after 7 days then you'll get one for sure though (least that's what someone reported xD).

I time travelled to the day when static finished unpacking and I reset about 30 times and always got either a uchi or smug villager, it seems at the start untill you get the ninth that a new villager will always move in the day after a villager is unpacking since I didn't get any empty plots

I time travelled to the day when static finished unpacking and I reset about 30 times and always got either a uchi or smug villager, it seems at the start untill you get the ninth that a new villager will always move in the day after a villager is unpacking since I didn't get any empty plots

Naw for me I got empty slots even for my 8th villager. Unfortunately that's as far as I go because I only heard about this trick when I had 7 villagers. xD;

Test 1: Muffy was moving in, except it was right near my house sadly. Reset.
Test 2: Almost the same spot, this time it was Lyman. Reset.
Test 3: Different spot, but in same spot of map; Peck this time. Reset.
Test 4: Completely different area, Phil. Reset
Test 5: Different area, this time Phoebe. Good thing I like her! Save and Done!
Now, one question: tomorrow, when Phoebe moves in, do I need to do this trick again?
Like Phoebe's house is on the map, will a new villager spot show up?

Back