• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Countdown to Animal Crossing New Horizons: 9 Months

Alolan_Apples

“Assorted” Collector
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
As a way to wait until the new Animal Crossing game to come out, I have started a new section of blog entries. This is called the New Horizons category, where all entries related to the fifth main game of Animal Crossing go under. This includes my experience, what ideas I have, the history of my island, and more stuff. For almost five years, I had ten categories, and that was set in stone. But now times have changed as I have a very large blog, so it’s time for new categories.

As you know, unless if there’s another delay (which I hope doesn’t happen), it comes out in nine months as of today. Approximately two weeks ago, we passed Animal Crossing New Leaf’s 6th anniversary, but that doesn’t matter because ACNL is over. I got to design two towns that looked very good (StarFall and MoonGlow). I’m glad that we’re getting a new true AC game since New Leaf was the last true AC game so far. Happy Home Designer was an interesting spin-off, but you couldn’t design your house as it was only half an Animal Crossing game. Amiibo Festival was more of an amiibo cash grab and has entered the league of worst Nintendo games (which is also where Wii Music and DK Jr Math are). The Welcome amiibo update was only an update that improved New Leaf rather than a new game itself. And Pocket Camp was only a mobile spin-off. Of those AC games, I never owned or played Pocket Camp. Amiibo Festival, I do own, but I never played it either. I did play City Folk, but I had very little experience. But the one AC spin-off or update I played most was Happy Home Designer, as ACNL was my most played Animal Crossing game. But with New Horizons coming out, we’ll finally have a new Animal Crossing game to play.

Between now and then, I may not play Animal Crossing nor would I start a new town. I may not even be playing a Nintendo game. But that doesn’t mean I’m out of the Animal Crossing league because I’ll still be on Bell Tree Forums, and I have a picture of Andrea (my ACNL/ACHHD character) on my iPhone background. Not only that, but Animal Crossing has forever changed my life long before I joined this forum (I’m almost five years a member) and before ACNL came out. I think of the hourly music when a new hour begins (especially 1:00 AM), and I’ve been interested into the subject of seasons more. Add to that, I like interior designing more, I became a fan of convenience stores, and I started loving apples more (yes, it really started with Animal Crossing). There are some common things I like more/appreciate more because of video games, such as hotels (thanks Super Mario Sunshine), lighthouses (thanks Donkey Kong 64), and deserts (thanks Donkey Kong JungleBeat). But Animal Crossing did more than any of that. So I’m still in the realm, even when I will refrain from playing it for the next nine months. Even if it’s to make time pass by.

As of now, my plans on building my first town, I would name the town StarGlow (which is a portmanteau of MoonGlow and StarFall). I may recreate both Kaylee (my casual brunette character) and Andrea (my formal blonde character) as my two starting characters, with Andrea being my first one. I could also make Holly (my adventure girl), but I prefer having two co-founders. I’m glad that we may keep time traveling, but I cannot reset when things don’t go my way anymore (but I choose to sacrifice that to save hours of progress that wasn’t manually saved). If the whole town fruit thing still exists, I would go with apples, or maybe bananas (if that’s possible). If we can choose what shop expansions we want (if we can still have shops), I would stick to the convenience store rather than big fancy department stores. If we can have museums, I may build one. If we can have restaurants and hotels, I would be more than glad to have them on my island.

I am mixed on the whole crafting feature. I’m not a fan of Minecraft, but at the same time, there are too many items, and if collecting them is a chore, it will be worse if even more items are introduced.

Finally, if I had to choose whether I play handheld or console, I would like to use two characters (which is better if you play on TV), but I’m also in favor of portability, as I would like to play this in the car and in hotels. It will be a wild adventure from turning an uncharted island into a metropolitan island in the middle of the ocean.

Back