• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Crazy Blog Saturday - Part 4

Alolan_Apples

Old > New
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Time for part four of the day of five blogs. Last time was about making decades and states into themes, which followed cost effectiveness disadvantages and unintended consequences. Let’s focus on...

Willy Wonka: Who are the bad guys?

Recently, I watched Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. If I had to voice my opinion, I think the kids are worse. But if I had to be objective and unbiased, the pondering question is “Who are the bad guys? Wonka, or four of the kids?

For Wonka’s case, it’s liability and responsibility. If you are a manager or owner, you are liable for everything that happens within your business. This includes accidents, damages, and other problems. You see, the chocolate factory is not a very safe one. Seeing what happened to Violet and Mike, as well as Charlie if he didn’t save himself, definitely prove this point. Everybody should be careful and listen to the rules, but the fact that the consequences are extreme would get Wonka in trouble. The best example of this is the three-course meal gum from the inventing room. Everybody that chewed that gum “turned into blueberries”. Not only this made working unsafe, but once an outsider gets entangled in this mess, it would be dangerous to even explore. It’s a good thing that gum didn’t get distributed, because if it happens once, the factory will be closed for good.

For the kids’ case, the lesson is obedience. If you are going to serve as a customer or an employee, you are obligated to follow the rules. If you can’t follow the rules, then don’t bother going. If you damage someone else’s property, you’re the one who’s responsible, not theirs. If you choose to break the rules and get hurt, it’s your fault. And if they did follow the rules, they wouldn’t have learned their lessons. Augustus is gluttonous and greedy. Violet is compulsive and bad-mannered. Veruca is selfish and demanding. Mike is obsessive and a spoiled brat. They even let their bad behaviors consume them to where they ended up getting in serious trouble. Especially for Mike, who was so obsessed with TV to where he wants to be on TV (which actually made him shrink). In the book and the second movie, they got out of the factory, distorted. They may get their truckloads of candy, but their troubles would make them consider changing their attitudes.

In the end, you have unlimited liability as an owner, but everyone is obligated to follow the rules. But if there were any true villains, it would be the workers who spent spies to steal Wonka’s idea, to where he had to shut down the factory forever. But then he re-opened.

Back